Hampton Inn Miami Brickell or Coral Gables?

3CanadianBears

We fly into FLL mid day. I have booked Hampton Inn in FLL (Plantation) where we stayed last year, but am considering changing that to either Hampton Inn Brickell Downton or Coconut Grove/Coral Gables. My thought is to be closer to the port on the morning we leave.

Spending just one night, we would arrive in Miami early afternoon - likely will take Uber from the airport. Our only goal would be to walk around a bit, have an evening meal at a roadhouse/pub type place.

Not sure how to choose between the two properites. Any input is much appreciated. Thanks

Where are you looking in Coconut Grove or Coral Gables?

Hampton Inn Brickell is the closest to the port. The Brickell area will have a lot that you can walk to and you can also get around via trolley and the metro mover.

Many choices to eat at. Batch Gastropub is great and it's at the bottom of the hotel.

Coconut Grove is a great town if you stay close to the downtown/Cocowalk area.

I was just on Miracle Mile the other day and between all of the roadwork and closed restaurants it was very quiet.

Given why you want to stay in Miami to be close to the port and the time you plan to arrive it was me I would select the Hampton Inn in downtown Miami.

You are a short walk from many restaurants and some stores and also the supermarket and a CVS should you need any last minute items.

Keith