London to Colliers Wood by Tube - what's my best option?

Twickenham

We're arriving in Southampton on the QM2 on January 10th, and will be taking the train up to Waterloo afterwards. As we are staying right in front of Colliers Wood underground, I want to eventually (after having dumped our bags in left luggage for a few hours and partaken in some Indian food and shopping:D) make my way there via Underground. However, to my dismay, the southbound Northern line trains from Waterloo don't run the whole way to the end, forcing you to change in Kennington. As we will have luggage, and MamaTwick's knees are, er, problematic, I want to minimise the number of steps we need to negotiate. Looking at the map, I appear to have 3 main options for connecting to the Northern line:

-The switcharoo thing at Kennington;

-Jubilee line to London Bridge;

-Bakerloo line to Elephant & Castle.

Anyone know which of these would be easiest with luggage?

It's a cross-platform change at Kennington through a short level passageway.

The other two options you list are to be avoided given your constraints - in both cases they are effectively different stations albeit it with underground connections :)

Edited by Cotswold Eagle

• 2 weeks later...
See, this is the type of first-hand info I needed. Direct Enquiries is a great website, but it unfortunately says absolutely nothing about connections, only street-to-platform.

Thanks for the help :).

As mentioned, it is just a 15 metre change between the trains at Kennington, so shouldn't be a big problem.

However, it's also important to know that depending on the time of day and day of week, there may be a train that will go straight through Kennington to Colliers Wood. At certain times of day 1 in 4 trains will go on to Morden. So be sure to look at the display board and if you see a Morden training coming up, just wait for that one and you won't have to switch.

As mentioned, it is just a 15 metre change between the trains at Kennington, so shouldn't be a big problem.

However, it's also important to know that depending on the time of day and day of week, there may be a train that will go straight through Kennington to Colliers Wood. At certain times of day 1 in 4 trains will go on to Morden. So be sure to look at the display board and if you see a Morden training coming up, just wait for that one and you won't have to switch.

Great tip - I'll watch for the through train:).