Melia vs Hilton day use resort

ACJT

Help me decide which resort our family group should use. There will be 8 of us,.. 3 adults 13,11,6,3,1 year old kids. Going in August.

I've narrowed it down to these two but am having trouble deciding. Any particular pros or cons to both?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The car seat issue is a good question I never thought about. Wonder where I could find info on this? What are the requirements for cabs/taxis in the Bahamas??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hmmmm good question. I would like to know wwhat others have done. We have been on buses with our kids without car seats not sure if cabs are the same thing. But I heard Melia was under construction...not sure if it still is.

We are going to bahamas in a month and trying to figure out what to do that our toddlers would enjoy. I heard good things about Blue Lagoon.

We were just at Melia in November. It's a pretty place (but construction was going on when we were there). I have a complete review with TONS of pictures of the place if you are interested in seeing it (listed in my signature line).

We took the #10 Jitney bus there and back and it's a cheap option.

[quote name='LiveUrlife2']I heard good things about Blue Lagoon.[/quote]

We have been to Blue Lagoon and loved it there. I have a review of it in my signature line too with TONS of pictures if you are interested and might help you decide. :)

[quote name='ACJT']The car seat issue is a good question I never thought about. Wonder where I could find info on this? What are the requirements for cabs/taxis in the Bahamas??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app[/quote]

Although there are carseat laws - noone pays attention to them and cabs are exempt.
Most cabs leaving the port area to the hotels are shuttles (large vans) and do not have proper restraints for carseats. There are a few cabbies that have car seats, but you have to book them in advance. You might check out CC sister site trip advisor to find a service that has carseats. but it's not necessary.

[quote name='mitsugirly']We were just at Melia in November. It's a pretty place (but construction was going on when we were there). I have a complete review with TONS of pictures of the place if you are interested in seeing it (listed in my signature line).

We took the #10 Jitney bus there and back and it's a cheap option.

We have been to Blue Lagoon and loved it there. I have a review of it in my signature line too with TONS of pictures if you are interested and might help you decide. :)[/QUOTE]
HAHAHA your link was how I found out about it and saw all the amazing pics. Do you think our kids are too young for all of those inflatable things in the water? Ages are 3,4, almost 6 and 8

[quote name='LiveUrlife2']HAHAHA your link was how I found out about it and saw all the amazing pics. Do you think our kids are too young for all of those inflatable things in the water? Ages are 3,4, almost 6 and 8[/quote]

LOL :D

I would think that the 3 and 4 year old are too young for it. I didn't allow my 6 year old daughter on them (basically because it was late when all the kids decided they wanted to do it and I didn't want to waste the money), but my 5 year old grandson went on them (needed a little push here and there) and did fine. I know my other daughter (was 25 at the time), her bf, my son (20) and his gf (21) all did it and they admitted that it was even hard for them to climb...but they sure had a blast trying to and tons of laughs along the way. They were wore out by the time they were done, but they said it was a lot of fun. So your 2 older children might enjoy it as long as they have some help getting up on them. :)