school supply shopping

TeanneTX

We are going to be in Maui for a full day and renting a car. We're porting at Lahaina-tendering. I'm wanting to buy a bunch of school supplies to take on the ship and then give out when we get to Fiji. Is there a Costco or Walmart near the port where we can do some shopping before getting back on the ship?

Same question for Honolulu which we will be at the day before. But we are not renting a car then. Just utilizing The Bus.

Thanks

Teanne

We are going to be in Maui for a full day and renting a car. We're porting at Lahaina-tendering. I'm wanting to buy a bunch of school supplies to take on the ship and then give out when we get to Fiji. Is there a Costco or Walmart near the port where we can do some shopping before getting back on the ship?

Same question for Honolulu which we will be at the day before. But we are not renting a car then. Just utilizing The Bus.

Thanks

Teanne

Unfortunately there is only a Longs Drugs (CVS Drugs) in Lahaina which has a good variety but limited supplies. If you're driving to Kahului there's a Costco, Target & Walmart near each other.

In Honolulu it's a short walk to a Walmart from either Pier 2 or Pier 11 (Aloha Tower). If I recall correctly from previous threads you're using public transportation to PH and the Hale Koa military luau.

Here are Google Maps walking directions to Walmart:

Pier 2 (0.8 mile): https://goo.gl/maps/MsFWP8y3Ftz

Pier 11 (0.3 mile): https://goo.gl/maps/oWV2XunH77C2

Those links open my Google Maps app to display walking directions to the Honolulu Walmart located on Fort Street Mall. When at Pier 11 we walked past Walmart on the way to catch The Bus on Beretania St to Pearl Harbor.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Unfortunately there is only a Longs Drugs (CVS Drugs) in Lahaina which has a good variety but limited supplies. If you're driving to Kahului there's a Costco, Target & Walmart near each other.

In Honolulu it's a short walk to a Walmart from either Pier 2 or Pier 11 (Aloha Tower). If I recall correctly from previous threads you're using public transportation to PH and the Hale Koa military luau.

Here are Google Maps walking directions to Walmart:

Pier 2 (0.8 mile): https://goo.gl/maps/MsFWP8y3Ftz

Pier 11 (0.3 mile): https://goo.gl/maps/oWV2XunH77C2

Those links open my Google Maps app to display walking directions to the Honolulu Walmart located on Fort Street Mall. When at Pier 11 we walked past Walmart on the way to catch The Bus on Beretania St to Pearl Harbor.

Thank you for the helpful information. I think we'll just go to the walmart after we get back from the luau. Since the ship doesn't leave until midnight we should have plenty of time. Hope we dock at pier 11 since walmart is very close. I can't find that info in any of my paperwork showing what pier we dock at. Thanks again.

Teanne

Thank you for the helpful information. I think we'll just go to the walmart after we get back from the luau. Since the ship doesn't leave until midnight we should have plenty of time. Hope we dock at pier 11 since walmart is very close. I can't find that info in any of my paperwork showing what pier we dock at. Thanks again.

Teanne

USAopen.com will forward your Amazon order to Fiji