Triumph 1006 Warning

LzyCruiser_NWA

Just back from our august 2nd cruise of the triumph. There wasn't much posted on this particular room before hand so we booked it but here are a few caveats.

You will be woken up at 6AM every morning by the thumps above by the tread mills. Depending on the runner, it could be a steady rhythmic light thump or a thundering herd of elephants which would shake & rattle our walls.

Second of all is that people do go out to the "secret" deck at all hours of the night and the exterior wooden door will slam very hard, shaking the wall that your headboard is connected to.

Lastly, if you do book this room, be prepared to shim the balcony dividers with fun times as that will stop the metal on metal creaking/banging depending on how hard the wind is blowing.

Over all, it's still a great ship & crew, just annoyances of that room that I wanted to share.

I contacted guest services the first time this happened and they asked the spa/gym people to put signs up to not use the set of treadmills that was over our room until 8 AM, but I don't think people paid attention to it.

Much to guest services credit, they did check on us throughout the cruise to make sure it was okay.

2 of the days were port days which we had to wake up early anyway but on the last sea day, it happened again.

Had the same exact 'door slamming' problem on the Splendor in Cabin 7205. People going in and out onto the 'secret' deck at all hours. BAM! Would rattle the walls. I won't ever do an 'end' cabin near those doors again. Other posters have remarked that they didn't have a problem. Maybe different ships have different door-closing hardware. I finally asked for a piece of paper and a Sharpie from Guest Services and made a sign- CLOSED. You have to do what you have to do... Sign stayed there the rest of the week. I did enjoy the layout of the room- beds were head-to-head with a small cabinet in between.

There are a lot of noisy room on all ships. You have to look at the deck plans and book accordingly. That's why I never book "Guarantee"

Good for you, perhaps you didn't read or fail to comprehend, I didn't book a guarantee, I booked this room specifically so that I don't have to deal with smokers since we'll be up wind of everyone else.

I posted this so that others are aware

Good for you, perhaps you didn't read or fail to comprehend, I didn't book a guarantee, I booked this room specifically so that I don't have to deal with smokers since we'll be up wind of everyone else.

e

You do realize if the ship is going 18 knots, and the tail wind is 19 knots or more, the smoke will come forward?

Some of us understood your intention of letting us know about this cabin. If you had posted it under the thread "Don't book these cabins" it would have gotten lost. Thank you for your warning of the excessive noise.

Good for you, perhaps you didn't read or fail to comprehend, I didn't book a guarantee,

Dang... Why so defensive? Allener58 never said you booked guarantee, s/he said S/HE never books it to avoid getting the many rooms on every ship who have problems just like that one.

And Allener58 agreed with you, and followed up by reminding people that there are numerous rooms with similar problems. Reviews such as yours are a great way for people to know about these problems. But not every room with problems has a review written about it. So it's ALSO a good idea to check the deck plans for potential issues. I always do this to see what is above and below me. If I see an area I'm not sure of, I ask my PVP what's there before booking.

Thanks for the heads up. I will be booking the Triumph in the near future, and have filed this away in my memory banks.

Bob