Renting Dune Buggy/ATV in Bermuda

njmomof2

The last post that I can find about this was back in 2009. Has anything changed since then? Is anyone on the island offering a dune buggy/atv excursion?

There has been a plan to rent small two seater mini cars. But not happening yet. Those would be for driving on the roads. If you are asking for an off road dune buggy type excursion you shouldn't expect that to ever change. I would guess you have never been to Bermuda if that is what you are asking. If you want to go off road I suggest pedal bike on the rail trail or do a horseback excursion.

Edited by Charles4515

There has been a plan to rent small two seater mini cars. But not happening yet. Those would be for driving on the roads. If you are asking for an off road dune buggy type excursion you shouldn't expect that to ever change. I would guess you have never been to Bermuda if that is what you are asking. If you want to go off road I suggest pedal bike on the rail trail or do a horseback excursion.

No I have never been, but have clients who said they heard someone was doing dune buggy/atv rentals. My research showed that this was not allowed but I wanted to confirm with those who have either been on the island recently, or maybe lived there and would know the true situation.

Thanks so much.

• 2 weeks later...
May not be on topic, I have heard no non-resident individual are allowed to rent on the island. May include any dune buggies/atvs also?

At present there are no car rentals for either residents or non residents. Residents and non residents may rent two wheeled scooters and mopeds. There may be some kind of mini car rentals in the future. Can never be sure but I doubt there will ever be dune buggies or atv rentals.

Folks who want to do an off road own thing, I suggest renting Boston Whalers and Pontoon boats. Those are well suited to Bermuda and a lot of fun.