Average Alcohol Consumption on a Cruise

fshagan

I was not aware that NCL offered the cheers program, this is the NCL board is it not? Yes keeping all the drink receipts would be a good way to keep track, but lets be honest this is supposed to be a vacation not a bean counters convention.
That's the danger of responding on multiple cruise line boards on here, you'll learn that after you've been on here for awhile. You're also not going to remember much of your vacation if you're imbibing enough over the course of the day to pass out two different times over the course of said day like you previously posted at approximately 300 pm and again at 200 am.

If you only did half that number (6) you would be ahead of the game. And if you crashed by 1100 because you were up early and exploring the port, that still gives you 7 hours to consume those 6 drinks. Too many people concentrate on the 15 instead of looking at the big picture which is 5 mixed drinks or 6 glasses of wine or 8 beers and you're ahead of the game and all the non alcoholic stuff is gravy.

Think you are thinking of carnival, not NCL.... but either way, as long as you get the UBP as a perk, it's only costing you $14 pp pd, so 2 glasses of wine or 1 martini is all it takes to break even. $79 to purchase it is hard to justify though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Think you are thinking of carnival, not NCL.... but either way, as long as you get the UBP as a perk, it's only costing you $14 pp pd, so 2 glasses of wine or 1 martini is all it takes to break even. $79 to purchase it is hard to justify though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're correct, that's the problem with responding to drink threads on multiple cruise boards, you get confused as to which one you're responding to, especially in the wee hours of the day before going to bed. Spending 79, plus 18% for alcohol only package is ridiculous. Spending 50, plus 15% for an all inclusive package is bearable on Carnival though. But of course the perk option on NCL, even though not all inclusive, is really great and will be for the third straight time for me in September on the Escape.