TAP Strike in May

brazilgirl

May is going to be a pretty "busy" month full of strikes here in Europe. French Air Traffic Control will also have a massive strike from the end of April to the begining of May with possible further strikes during the rest of May if the issues are not resolved.

It's not going to be pretty. Leave well prepared. Try to list as many alternate routings if possible (and try to avoid flying over French airspace if possible)

As for the TAP strike, they tend to operate some flights anyway, but it's very hard to predict in advance which ones.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. Not just for you, but also a bit for myself as these strikes give everyone in the industry that isn't striking a major headache.

May is going to be a pretty "busy" month full of strikes here in Europe. French Air Traffic Control will also have a massive strike from the end of April to the begining of May with possible further strikes during the rest of May if the issues are not resolved.

It's not going to be pretty. Leave well prepared. Try to list as many alternate routings if possible (and try to avoid flying over French airspace if possible)

As for the TAP strike, they tend to operate some flights anyway, but it's very hard to predict in advance which ones.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. Not just for you, but also a bit for myself as these strikes give everyone in the industry that isn't striking a major headache.

My flight is GRU/LIS LIS/FCO on the way to our cruise and then IST/LIS LIS/GRU on the way back. Luckily my flight is at the end of May ... But am keeping my fingers crossed and my eyes on things.

I flew in/out of Newark last month when Lufthansa was on strike. Pretty weird seeing those big birds just parked off to the side. And there were a few of them. I imagine that was pretty costly for all involved. (plus the number of angry pax who now will take their flying elsewhere)

My flight is GRU/LIS LIS/FCO on the way to our cruise and then IST/LIS LIS/GRU on the way back. Luckily my flight is at the end of May ... But am keeping my fingers crossed and my eyes on things.

Sorry for the delayed answer, but I've been very, very busy at work.

Currently, the TAP strike ends on May, 11th.

Although, it's very unclear what the exact plan of the French ATC is. Negotiations are undergoing, but if these don't succeed, I think there's a very real possibility for other strikes by them.

But let's wait it out at the moment. Things look pretty ok for you now ;-)

I'll keep my fingers crossed together with you :-)

Sorry for the delayed answer, but I've been very, very busy at work.

Currently, the TAP strike ends on May, 11th.

Although, it's very unclear what the exact plan of the French ATC is. Negotiations are undergoing, but if these don't succeed, I think there's a very real possibility for other strikes by them.

But let's wait it out at the moment. Things look pretty ok for you now ;-)

I'll keep my fingers crossed together with you :-)

Thanks for the good wishes. Thinking of trying to switch my flights to Turkish Air or Lufthansa....both are Star Alliance , will call tomorrow and see if there are any options.

I see your Avatar is from Malta. We will have the pleasure of visiting Malta for the first time on our upcoming cruise! Looking forward to it very much.

You can't go wrong with Turkish. While I like Lufthansa as well, they also tend to strike often. They only drawback with Turkish is you have to fly into Istanbul, which is way out of route when going to the US/South America.

But you can always add a couple of days visiting Istanbul.

I (partialy) work for Air Malta, so that's why I have it in my avatar. But I haven't been there. It's also on my bucket list, so let us know how it was :-)