EASY AIR. well, it happened to us

bigenna

First time booking flights through Princess's Easy Air. Booked one year ago at a good price. Air France, YVR- CDG-BCN. Heard on hear that things can change so be aware, and with that in mind we decided to go for it.

All was well yesterday, no changes, seats assigned, four hour connection time at CDG, boarding tickets printed up and cases packed.

Awoke this morning to find I had an email advising me that the second flight had changed and now would have a seven hour layover at CDG.

Of course I called Air France and nobody would really tell why this happened, but my original seats on the earlier flight are gone, plane is full, sort sorry, etc. no other reasonable arrangements can be made, so we are stuck with this.don't flame me. I went in with my eyes wide open so I took my chances. Just wanted to post to give evidence to others about what can and does happen at times.

We will still have a wonderful holiday in any case.

That's what it sounds like, and the OP would be eligible to be compensated. How would they go about doing this?

They may be eligible to be compensated; depends on the reason for the delay/change of flight. A quick google search will pull up instructions how to claim.

Many delayed flights to BCN due to strike:

http://www.therakyatpost.com/world/2015/09/26/spanish-air-controllers-strike-causes-delays-at-barcelona/

Maybe this was the cause for the flight change?

Edited by 6rugrats

We are here now and thought I would post an update. On our first leg, at YVR we spoke to Air France rep. They told us we might get access at their lounge at CDG as it was such a long layover, or some other compensation.

So by the time we got to CDG we had accepted the fact that we were going to be there for a quite a while. When we talked to the rep at CDG, she got on the phone, speaking in French, then asked us if we would like seats on a flight leaving in one hour, fifteen minutes. We were concerned about us and our bags making it on time but she assured us all would be well and it was.

So, very happy ending for us and we were able to enjoy Barcelona for a few more hours than we thought we would.

Thanks for the replies.

Edited by bigenna

So the problems had nothing to do with Easy Air or Air France, but rather an air traffic controllers strike in Barcelona. Can happen any time any place. This could have been a HUGE delay. Another good reason to arrive a day ahead for your cruise or maybe even two if flying overseas.

So the problems had nothing to do with Easy Air or Air France, but rather an air traffic controllers strike in Barcelona. Can happen any time any place. This could have been a HUGE delay. Another good reason to arrive a day ahead for your cruise or maybe even two if flying overseas.

Don't think so. Our original flight was no delayed or cancelled. I think they simply overbooked and we had the lowest class of tickets so we got bumped.

I agree with flying in early. In our case we flew in a week before and are now having a great time in Venice.

Edited by bigenna

• 4 weeks later...