Christmas Day in Key West-help planning?

surgie

It's our first visit to Key West. We (husband and myself) dock at 8:00 am and depart at 5:00 pm (like to be back on the ship by 4:00). We would like to attend Mass at St. Mary Star of the Sea - assume 9:00 or 9:30 service but it's too soon to know. Then we would like to eat brunch at a restaurant with outdoor seating (perhaps Blue Heaven if open on Christmas but would welcome other suggestions).

Not sure what to do with the rest of the day. Not interested in beach time...fine to take a stroll but don't want to spend an afternoon at the beach. My husband has back issues that limits walking (12 blocks or so ok). Suggestions would be great - trolley tour or other? Some classic beach bars would be fun but don't want to spend hours in bars. Thanks for help.

It's our first visit to Key West. We (husband and myself) dock at 8:00 am and depart at 5:00 pm (like to be back on the ship by 4:00). We would like to attend Mass at St. Mary Star of the Sea - assume 9:00 or 9:30 service but it's too soon to know. Then we would like to eat brunch at a restaurant with outdoor seating (perhaps Blue Heaven if open on Christmas but would welcome other suggestions).

Not sure what to do with the rest of the day. Not interested in beach time...fine to take a stroll but don't want to spend an afternoon at the beach. My husband has back issues that limits walking (12 blocks or so ok). Suggestions would be great - trolley tour or other? Some classic beach bars would be fun but don't want to spend hours in bars. Thanks for help.

An alternative to Blue Heaven would be a restaurant associated with one of the hotels. The Westin has outdoor seating at Bistro 245 ---> http://www.westinkeywestresort.com/dining

Upside is it's right around where you dock, downside your boat may block the view. Maybe not.

Pjk

It's our first visit to Key West. We (husband and myself) dock at 8:00 am and depart at 5:00 pm (like to be back on the ship by 4:00). We would like to attend Mass at St. Mary Star of the Sea - assume 9:00 or 9:30 service but it's too soon to know.

Given your comment about limits to walking, I wanted to make sure that you know that St. Mary is roughly a mile from the dock, on Truman Avenue and Windsor Lane.

We just grab a taxi from the dock to go to St Mary's, Star of the Sea. We often walk back to town afterwards or stop along the way for breakfast. We like Sara Beth's but I don't know if they will be open for breakfast on Christmas.

I really like Key West in December. It isn't usually so hot and humid as in the summer months.

Here is a link to St Mary's we sit with mass hours. Note that Christmas mass might be different.

stmarykeywest.com/worship-mass-schedul/

Edited by Gangway Style