Pacific Pearl Dining

haircut4u

When I travelled on Pacific Pearl on her "maiden" cruise the dining arrangements were atrocious! As there was only one Dining Room (there was Salt and the Buffet) with the two Sittings, one had to either book a table, each afternoon, for the evening meal, or "speak" with the Maitre d'Hotel who assured you that the same table would be available each evening. NOT a pleasant arrangement.

As I am contemplating another cruise on her (only because of the ports of call) has anything from the above changed?

When I travelled on Pacific Pearl on her "maiden" cruise the dining arrangements were atrocious! As there was only one Dining Room (there was Salt and the Buffet) with the two Sittings, one had to either book a table, each afternoon, for the evening meal, or "speak" with the Maitre d'Hotel who assured you that the same table would be available each evening. NOT a pleasant arrangement.

As I am contemplating another cruise on her (only because of the ports of call) has anything from the above changed?

Seems to be what many people actually want.

I found it quite annoying as well at first, since my earlier cruises were fixed.

But by the end of the cruise I got used to it - I was travelling alone so I mostly just turned up without reservations - never had to wait more than 5m. It was interesting sitting at a new table each time.

I'd still go with fixed if it were an option, but that's not happening on the PP is it?

I found it quite annoying as well at first, since my earlier cruises were fixed.

But by the end of the cruise I got used to it - I was travelling alone so I mostly just turned up without reservations - never had to wait more than 5m. It was interesting sitting at a new table each time.

I'd still go with fixed if it were an option, but that's not happening on the PP is it?

Well if they took walk-ups that's different, from the OP I took it to be reservations were a MUST.