LEGEND review PART 3

doegirl

alot of questions about the food.

As far as the dining room goes:

Breakfast is the same menu each day! Lunch is fair, the 2nd day was the only day I didn't really like. We always went to dining room first. If we didn't like it, we nibbled and then went to the Lido Deck.

Dinner always has a pasta dish, seafood, beef and chicken dish and a veg. dish.

The is a menu suggestion each night for LOW Carbs. There is about 4 app., 2 soups, 2 salads and 5-6 entres choices.

Lido Deck/Unicorn Cafe: breakfast has a fruit bar and yogurt, pastry and cereal bar. At least three buffet areas with eggs, grits, sausage, bacon, pancakes, waffes, potato round hash browns and make to order omelets. btw...they will also fry eggs at the omelet area and they do have egg white omelets available.

there is fruit juices, variety of milks, tea and coffee.

Lunch has about six buffets going. Thereare hotdogs, hamburgers and great FRIES at each end outside by the pools. Inside there are four more stations.

One features a different country each day (Chinese, Italian, carribean, japanese, indian,mexican, french,greek) . One is a Deli with great sandwiches. There is also a fruit bar, dessert bar and a great salad bar!

Dinner is about the same as lunch, just nicer foods.

Plus there is 24hrs of great Pizza and ice cream!

There is a cappuchino/dessert bar on the third floor. The prices are decent and it is pretty good too!

btw...we took flavored coffee creamer, 12 pks of soda on board with no problem. Our friends brought in beer, under their soda. They didn't even question us.

don't miss the Chocolate flour-less cake, the shrimp and salmon dinners are all good, the greek salad thing was my sisters favorite salad.

Baked Alaska is ovffered on the last night but due to some lady with hairspray a few years ago, no more flaming parade!

Its very funny how when you think you are out of questions another one comes to you. Do you remember what deck you disembarked from? We are on Main deck, and were thinking that if we didn't have to carry our luggage far self-disembark might be the way to go.

Thanks for posting a complete review and for answering people's questions. Everyone says they will do this on return but few actually do, so thanks for taking the time.

In the story by the "lady who almost didn't have a cabin", she mentions that while awaiting a room, and seated near the security check, she watched them confiscate a lot of alcohol. I thought they didn't check that closely. Did you have any feeling for what kind of baggage check they did and whether it was difficult to bring booze on board?

Thanks

Happy criusin

Frank

WELL, it says alcohol cannot be brought on. If you packed alot of it they will notice it! Your carry ons go through an xray scan at boarding. If it is obvious they will take it.

I heard stories about people packing it in the luggage they checked or placing it under soda. When they see the bevarages in the scan, they open it and see soda.

It is all in the "moderation" clause, i guess.

I took 3 bottles (2 wine, 1 champagne) in my carry-on... Cheryl took 2 wine in hers. They took me to the side and had me open the bag - I showed them what it was, and proceeded without a problem. They did not ask to look in Cheryl's.

Tom

Mike is pretty good. Has his moments but since he has people throwing requests to him, it's gotta be hard to sing certain things sometimes.

He is really a nice guy! My brother-in-law really really his tribute to Elton John and Billy Joel on Sunday night (we left on Friday)

He was definetely better than the other Piano player.

Archived