Westerdam Presidents Cruise photos

petermccue

No decorations were out, but as we were leaving I noticed them hauling large light panels up the side of the ship that looked vaguely Christmasy (hard to tell from the bus).

Never fear, we'll be on the Statendam in two weeks for Christmas and New Years, and I'm sure between the three cameras we'll get lots of pics and have them up after we return.

Of course, I have to survive the 7 day drive to San Diego and the 7 day drive back first... (we're sightseeing on the way, of course).

Nice pics, thank you for posting them.

Not much in the way of Christmas decorations on the ship?

Wouldn't expect there to be any decorations on the ship as it came from Europe and the decorations are done by a US firm, therefore, they wouldn't be decorating the ship until after the President's cruise.

Wouldn't expect there to be any decorations on the ship as it came from Europe and the decorations are done by a US firm, therefore, they wouldn't be decorating the ship until after the President's cruise.
Thank you for the information. I did not know that the decorations are to be done specifically by a US firm. Some spectacular tidbits of knowledge can be found on this board by those "in the know". :)

Thanks for sharing your pictures. I liked seeing the aft close up on the Oosterdam. We will have one of the corner afts on her coming up in October 2005. But right now looking forward to sailing the Westerdam in cabin 7051. I believe DH went to go make final payment today. Next step the "Doc Dance":D

Well, the Post went under 10 years ago or so. And the Chronicle bought the leftovers. And Maxine died a while back, I think. I know she doesn't write for the Post any more at least!

I never pay any attention to the society column, so I'm not for sure she died, but I seem to recall some articles.

V

Archived