1st PG review since ship became PG Cruises

nancy4elton

Just read "Miss Lily's" somewhat short but very positive review (she was on the Jan. 6th sailing) in the reviews section. Thank you Miss Lily for posting this!!! I, and others, were waiting with baited breath. I'll be on the Feb 9th sailing (11 nights) and am giddy with anticipation! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wendy,

I think you may be confusing Capt Zupan with someone else. His wife was on board when we were on the PG in November and she is certainly not from FP. In fact she was also on board a couple of years ago when we did the New Years cruise on the PG and my daughter went on a hike with both the Capt and his wife.

The capt is really gracious and friendly and kindly invited my daughter to the bridge each day as she is a budding photographer and liked taking pictures of the ship leaving or entering port.

Miriam

We have Captain Ante-Toni Mirkovic for our cruise, and he is also from Croatia and has been captain on PG for 4 years.

Unfortunately there is Hurricane in the Cook Islands, not one but two, so we are unlikely to cruise down there, and the itinerary has been changed to Tuamotu now. The previous cruise was also affected by hurricane, and the motu on Taha'a was damaged so we will not be there either.

Unfortunately there is Hurricane in the Cook Islands, not one but two, so we are unlikely to cruise down there, and the itinerary has been changed to Tuamotu now. The previous cruise was also affected by hurricane, and the motu on Taha'a was damaged so we will not be there either.

Oh that's too bad. Hope you still have a great time, and that they fix up the Taha'a motu soon. I've been thinking about the PG during these cyclones, glad it made it through all right.

They give the news that Aitutaki in Cook Islands was badly damaged by the cyclone, so the captain did make the right decision. I shall ask PG cruise when the motu on Taha'a will be refixed.

Now everyday we have good weather, sunny, no rain. Bora Bora was a bit below my expectation, though.

Needless to say, many passengers are disappointed at not being able to visit the Cook Islands. One passenger questioned the captain if the cruise line made any insurance against this kind of mother nature influence and got the reply that he is only the captain, not a lawyer....

If you compare the number of passenger from our previous cruise at 160 passenger, and ours 273, the previous one is a 10 day Tuamotus and Society islands cruise, and ours has become finally an 11 day Tuamotus and Society islands cruise.

Good answer on the part of the captain--nobody can control the weather.

Thanks in advance for asking about the motu--a place that's dear to many a heart!

Can you explain why BB was below expectations? I'm not surprised, just wondering, don't want to second-guess you.

Wow..that cyclone stuff is tough news. If it was bad enough for the captain to change itinerary, it must have been something. And what's this about the motu? Usually one of the BEST days on the trip. I, too, am booked on the 11 night Cook Islands cruise (not til August however)...Anyone who has more details on weather damage, please advise.:cool:

Wow..that cyclone stuff is tough news. If it was bad enough for the captain to change itinerary, it must have been something. And what's this about the motu? Usually one of the BEST days on the trip. I, too, am booked on the 11 night Cook Islands cruise (not til August however)...Anyone who has more details on weather damage, please advise.:cool:

We are just home from the January 30 - February 9th 2010 Society Islands & Tuamotus Trip with a Post Cruise stay at the Intercontinental Papeete.

Captain Mirkovic made daily announcements about Tropical Storm Oli conditions and the necessary Itinerary changes. Sailing away from the Storm path to Rangiroa and mooring there for two days cost one day in Moorea and the Motu Mahana was cancelled. The information given was that Taha'a had sustained damage and some of its beach had washed away, but the main reason for not having the Motu Mahan was that a pontoon bridge had been damaged and was unsafe for passengers.

On the Bridge Tour, the Capt. stated that there were 238 passengers and 218Crew on our voyage. The Excursion Concierge with whom we had dinner indicated that there had been only 169 onboard the previous cruise.

Despite the weather disruptions, it was a wonderful cruise with friendly Guests and enthusiastic Crew and the beer, wine, Fu-Fu drinks, Well- liquor, and champagne flowed free and freely to answer a previous questioner.

I can try to answer other specific Questions and have Posted about our OWB on the Ports of Call - Pacific Islands Best Bungalows Thread since these Boards have been so helpful to us. :)

Archived