Celebrity solstice 09/05/10

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

G&L Roll Calls
Rules for Posting
- No advertising of group cruises.
- No "looking for" type posts.
-Try browsing for an existing date before you post!

Suggested format for Subject Lines: Cruise Line | Ship Name | Sail Date | Nifty or cute saying of some sort :)

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:19 AM.
Chicago, IL
200 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Hey!

Anyone else going?

My first time on Celebrity and looking forward to something different. I've been on Princess a number of times (15) not to mention Silversea (5), Regant (2) and Royal Caribbean (1).

Please join this thread if you're on the cruise.

Rick
Ottawa, Canada
16,744 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Hey Rick!

Nice to see you on the board. We're not on your sailing but we just got back on Sunday from Solstce. A great trip!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises: RCL (Allure, Oasis, Freedom, Liberty (x2), Adventure, Navigator, Mariner, Brilliance, Enchantment (x2), Majesty (x2), Sovereign, Quantum) Celebrity (Constellation, Century, Solstice(x2), Eclipse, Reflection, Silhouette), HAL (Westerdam), NCL (Sky, Star), Princess (Sapphire Princess, Ocean Princess, Caribbean Princess), Carnival (Dream)

Upcoming: Jewel of the Seas - November 2017 * Celebrity Edge - January 2019 * Celebrity Edge - February 2019
Chicago, IL
200 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Originally posted by Schplinky
Hey Rick!

Nice to see you on the board. We're not on your sailing but we just got back on Sunday from Solstce. A great trip!
Hey, Guys!!!

Thanks for your comment!!!!!

Too bad you're not on this cruise!

You guys are mega cruisers!!!!!!

I certainly hope we can reconnect! Cruise or non-cruise, either way.

Can you email me on your comments?

If you don't remember my email address, follow the red letters below...

rick8100 is at aol dot com.

Hope thie works!!!

All my best..

Rick

Ottawa, Canada
16,744 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Hey rick.

Our comments will be on our web-site soon and I'll try to remember to email them as well. You're going to love the martini bar!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Past Cruises: RCL (Allure, Oasis, Freedom, Liberty (x2), Adventure, Navigator, Mariner, Brilliance, Enchantment (x2), Majesty (x2), Sovereign, Quantum) Celebrity (Constellation, Century, Solstice(x2), Eclipse, Reflection, Silhouette), HAL (Westerdam), NCL (Sky, Star), Princess (Sapphire Princess, Ocean Princess, Caribbean Princess), Carnival (Dream)

Upcoming: Jewel of the Seas - November 2017 * Celebrity Edge - January 2019 * Celebrity Edge - February 2019
Chicago, IL
200 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
OK, this thread is truly sinking faster than the Titanic!

Where are all of you?!!

Gosh, the straight Roll Call is just as dead...

Come'on and post.

Rick
Houston, TX
853 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
Sorry, guys....we're a month apart. We're on the Solstice sailing August 8, 2010. Sailed on the Solstice's second revenue cruise a couple of years ago and had a blast. Looking forward to the return trip.
Chicago, IL
200 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Originally posted by [email protected]
i will be ther see ya at the cc party keep it on th qt...d from oregon
Hi, Dan!!

I promise to keep it on the qt....

Welcome to this Board!!!!
Chicago, IL
200 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Originally posted by flspeedo
I am considering taking my Mom on this sailing as we just lost my Dad last month after a long illness. I was on a pre-inaugural Solstice sailing and loved her and have wanted to sail again so maybe I can make it happen. The martini bar was my favorite hang out - I love the Solstice.
Steve,

I hope you can make this sailing. You're a very considerate son to take your Mom along, under the circumstances of loosing your Dad.

I think the Martini Bar is easily going to become my favorite hang out, too.

Rick
Chicago, IL
200 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
Hey!

Anyone else sailing on this particular cruise?

Please feel free to post! The Celebrity Connections Roll Call is pretty active. Nice group!

Rick
Ottawa, Canada
16,744 Posts
Joined Feb 2005
Have fun, guys! We love this class!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

54 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Hi,
Frank and Lou will be with you. Does anyone know if the ship has planed Friend of Dorathy Meetings? Has anyone thought of planning a large table for dining?
Houston, TX
853 Posts
Joined Mar 2002
We just returned from the Solstice this past Sunday. Friends of Dorothy gatherings were scheduled every evening at 8:00pm in the Molecular Bar on Deck 5.
Chicago, IL
186 Posts
Joined Jun 2000
Originally posted by ryndam
We just returned from the Solstice this past Sunday. Friends of Dorothy gatherings were scheduled every evening at 8:00pm in the Molecular Bar on Deck 5.
Hi!

Thanks for the info!

I know from past experience not to base GLBT passenger count from these boards, as not everyone in on cruisecritic. I'll remain hopeful for a reasonable turn out at the gatherings.

How was Solstice? This is my first time on Celebrity.

Rick