Autoprogresso and Uxmal question

Herfnerd

We've pretty much decided to visit Uxmal on our Progreso stop and decided to use Autoprogresso - heard nothing but good things about this outfit. For some reason, when we looked at the excursion choices on the Carnival site for our Elation itinerary, Uxmal wasn't one of them - we don't go thru CCL for our excursion anyway but was just curious all the same.

Took a little convincing because although my GF wanted to see Mayan ruins, she didn't want to sit on a bus all day to do it. Yes, I know there are others closer to port but Uxmal is more my idea of ruins......

Anyway, my question is this for those of you who have been on this tour.... We are in port 7am-4pm and the Autoprogesso site says the Uxmal tour is 5 hours long. Are they pretty good about keeping close to that time frame? Reason I ask is that the GF wants to check out the town for a little bit before we board (shopping!). We plan on doing that in Cozumel but still - its shopping, lol!

TIA

We used Autoprogreso last November for the Uxmal ruins. It took about 1hr 15 min on the bus each way. We were given a tour and then had about 1 hour a free time to see what we wanted. I'm not sure if they leave earlier than 9 am. But you could do a little shopping in the flea market before the tour.

After the ride back we did a little shopping in the market there. We then walked to the beach and back. Caught the bus back to the ship and still had time left before we needed to get back. They are very nice ruins. I don't think you would regret going.

Sharon

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Was at Uxmal one week ago today. We used AutoProgreso for the trip and tour; highly recommended. Our time at the port was 7am-3pm, so our window for traveling was a bit smaller. Once you exit the ship, you board AP buses for the trip to town. We found we had plenty of time to go through the little flee market where the bus drops you off and buy things, you could probably have some additional time if you got off the ship right away but I don't know how much is open. Our bus to Uxmal left at around 9:15 and it took about a hour and change to get there. You'll love the ruins, its a great excursion. Because our port window was tight, our bus went straight from Uxmal to the ship; we didn't stop in town. This was also the case for the Carnival excursion, which got back at the same time we did. You may find because of the extra hour, they won't do this with your trip. You can check the schedule with them before you board their bus to town, as sales guy(s) are there. Hope this helps a little.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived