Car rental to Port Carnaveral

max a million

Can anyone recommend car rental that will allow pick up at Orlando airport and drop off at Port Canaveral?

A kind person posted this on our Roll Call -- Budget Rent a Car.... Use the code for a great deal:

Budget is very close and if you use the discount code I have posted

"Then where it says offer code / BCD, use the following :Y937800"

I used it myself. VERY inexpensive... Good luck!

We booked through Budget. They have a counter in the airport and when you drop the car off at Port Canaveral there will be a bus to take you to the ship (no charge). Then of course we just reversed it after our cruise. 2 one way/one way rentals was much cheaper for the 4 of us than taking Carnivals bus even after factoring the tolls and gas.

It was a great deal; we were very happy!

We used Budget going from MCO to the port, very easy, cost $30. We had reservations for both Avis and Budget coming back to MCO, used Avis as the Budget van seemed to take forever. Cost was $70 for the return. We had 4 people, so better value than a shuttle van from MCO. Both rental agencies have free shuttles to/from the ship and are fairly close, so either would work for you.

A kind person posted this on our Roll Call -- Budget Rent a Car.... Use the code for a great deal:

Awesome! I cut my return rental over half!! Do they have a shuttle from port to rental office?

Thanks again!

Lonnie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! I cut my return rental over half!! Do they have a shuttle from port to rental office?

Thanks again!

Lonnie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They do have a shuttle. I'm glad you also saved, but I can't take any credit for the code -- It was passed along by another member here. I agree - Great savings, though!!!

We used Avis. They have a counter at the airport and a place in Cape Canaveral with a free shuttle to the port.

I use Avis all the time for one way rentals to Cape Canaveral and from! They have a free shuttle to the port. (and surrounding locations)

everyones talking about the cheap rentals but when i put in that Im picking up at MCO and dropping off at cape canveral it cost like 100 dollars with all the car rental companys. what am I doing wrong?

My rental over NYE weekend was $56 - and that includes fees (it was $44 per day) - and I actually flew into PIE and drove the two hours to Cape Canaveral.

(My rate in October was $40 with $33 per day flying into MCO)

(My June rate was $67 with $52 per day into MCO)

Depends on your dates!:rolleyes:

I just looked up this rate and it is half of what I have a car reserved for. Question for you though? Do you know what this rate is? Am I going to get there and they ask for some kind of ID and then won't honor the rate. I know I'm a worry wart. LOL Thanks!

I just looked up this rate and it is half of what I have a car reserved for. Question for you though? Do you know what this rate is? Am I going to get there and they ask for some kind of ID and then won't honor the rate. I know I'm a worry wart. LOL Thanks!

I am concerned about the same thing.

I wondered the same thing, so I took a look around and found many here who have used it successfully without issue. Not trusting that, I googled the code and came up with about 15-20 other similar tourist message boards for Florida travel (eg. Disney trips, etc...) that have many others using the same code, dating back to 2010. I checked about 10 posts, and found none that had any indication of trouble. Also figured that if it had become an issue where it was supposed to be limited, but others were using it, they would have changed the code and issued another so we couldn't book with it. With all of that, I'm willing to take a chance... Up to you, however!

I know that there are ways that you can reserve without any obligation or penalty (Can't remember, but Costco MIGHT be one of them). If it worries you, make a second reservation at another company, and only use it if you have to... Either way, good luck!

I wondered the same thing, so I took a look around and found many here who have used it successfully without issue. Not trusting that, I googled the code and came up with about 15-20 other similar tourist message boards for Florida travel (eg. Disney trips, etc...) that have many others using the same code, dating back to 2010. I checked about 10 posts, and found none that had any indication of trouble. Also figured that if it had become an issue where it was supposed to be limited, but others were using it, they would have changed the code and issued another so we couldn't book with it. With all of that, I'm willing to take a chance... Up to you, however!

I know that there are ways that you can reserve without any obligation or penalty (Can't remember, but Costco MIGHT be one of them). If it worries you, make a second reservation at another company, and only use it if you have to... Either way, good luck!

Detroit Mike, I finally did the same thing and googled it. I also saw it was some kind of Florida travel code. I took the chance and booked it, as it was a HUGE savings! I'm reserving a 12 passenger van for our group and this code saved me almost $100. For this type of vehicle it did require I give them my credit card to hold the reservation. I also did the online chat with a Budget agent first and think it will all be good! I went ahead and even cancelled my other reservation that I had through Avis.

I Love Cruise Critic and all their helpful members! Over the years everyone on here have helped me save tons of money with their tips, and helped us choose some of the best excursions ever!

Archived