Laundry Service

AnnArborGirl

I found them to be excellent last year....had it done 3 times during the 10 sail. The bag was left on the bed prior to 9am, and was returned completed each night while we were at dinner.

And the prices were good for being on a cruise ship. Among the lowest we have encountered.

Chuck

Thanks, glad to hear this...we are light packers, I pack 4-5 days, and plan to send things out. The small expense is always worth it to be lighter and leaner when traveling!

We are the same and have used the PG laundry service quite often. :)

• 5 months later...

I just noticed on the website that you can prepay for a laundry package. Has anyone done this? We have until Wed to do this if we want to. We are getting it all in bags now, and I would love to have DH take only 2 slacks and 4 shirts. He's a big guy, so carry on packing is extra challenging for him;)

The website mentions packages from around 90-200, anyone have any experiences? I spent 100 easily on the Galapagos Explorer 2 just doing a few things for the girls and I!

Even with free checked bags, we have several late flights for this trip and the less time I have to spend the airport- the happier we will be!

TIA.

Looks good Family - I will for sure try this - though I think we get 4 items washed each for being repeaters.

We have to learn to travel light. I tend to take the kitchen sink just in case!

Family, where did you find the details on the laundry package?

Thanks Folks! I've heard good things about the services and we were planning to use them in any case, but I just noticed this package listed under the Staff and Services http://www.pgcruises.com/ship/ms-paul-gauguin/staff-services

and think that would work well for us.

We are embarking with 3 days worth of dirty clothes after a day in LA and 2 pre nights at IC, so right off the bat we need to use the service. I was just wondering if anyone had more details on the package- like is it unlimited? dry cleaning? or just laundry? etc.

In any case I will call Monday and sign up, but if I get the details now it will help with packing rather than scrambling a day or two before we leave! And I will report here in the interest of future searchers;)

Emdee- I will post a photo of our bags in our review so you can see how we do it...each an LLbean roll aboard bag and a back pack...really! You can decide from the review photos if we are nearly stylish or elegant enough with so few options! ;-)

Family,

I myself am very casual. 2 black pants and a few nice tops for dinner and I just repeat. Jewellery is best left at the bank. In fact when I bought my Tahia full strand of pearls the salesman was surprised that I didnt want to show it off for dinner that night!

I do however like to carry loads of clean, fresh clothes, DH carries half a suitcase of meds ( came in handy on the Camino) and a million other things.

I am trying to take only 2 suitcases and 3 rolly bags for Tere Moana and if I succeed it will be the beginning.

Family,

I myself am very casual. 2 black pants and a few nice tops for dinner and I just repeat. Jewellery is best left at the bank. In fact when I bought my Tahia full strand of pearls the salesman was surprised that I didnt want to show it off for dinner that night!

I do however like to carry loads of clean, fresh clothes, DH carries half a suitcase of meds ( came in handy on the Camino) and a million other things.

I am trying to take only 2 suitcases and 3 rolly bags for Tere Moana and if I succeed it will be the beginning.

Mix and match is the way to go! I often leave the jewelry home and have a simple white gold band and a few silver costume pieces to dress things up. I had to laugh about the meds! Our trip to Ecuador we traveled with 3 physicians, and they all admitted they carried a medical kit, and just couldn't pare down;). My own is pretty extensive, because I'd much rather self treat than wait in the drs office!

I just read about the laundry service and will call to see what determines the cost difference. This could save a lot of packing for us. Thanks for finding it online. There is nothing on board in their in cabin folder regarding this service other than the by piece laundry.

Since it specifically says " unlimited" I'm thinking the price differences are for 7 day vs 10 vs 14. But I'm wondering if it includes any dry cleaning? DH has a couple of silk shirts he'd prefer dry cleaned. If not we will just send them separately. Since their website is pretty newly updated- maybe this is a new service?

Everything is packed for us now- one roll aboard and on personal item backpack each. Anyone we meet on our RC who thinks I'm a rumpled mess will know why;):o

Called this AM and was charged 109 (inclusive of taxes) for unlimited laundry on a 7 day cruise, but it does not include dry cleaning. I spent this for one load on GEII last month, so it will be worth it for us, even if DH has to send his shirts out separately for dry cleaning. Just thought I'd follow up.:D

Since you're staying at the Tahiti InterContinental pre-cruise, you should be aware that they have a few laundry rooms on site (each has one washer and one dryer) that are FREE to guests. I had read about this beforehand, so I brought a sample-sized pack of laundry detergent and a few dryer sheets with me. We stayed overnight in LA on the way out, so I had a few days worth of clothes/pajamas/swimsuits to wash. It was nice to be able to board with a suitcase full of clean clothes. :)

Does anyone know if you can request no dryer for any of the laundry services ? I have a few shirts that I wash cold/ cold at home and don't want in the dryer. Any suggestions ? Thanks, Donna

Since you're staying at the Tahiti InterContinental pre-cruise, you should be aware that they have a few laundry rooms on site (each has one washer and one dryer) that are FREE to guests. I had read about this beforehand, so I brought a sample-sized pack of laundry detergent and a few dryer sheets with me. We stayed overnight in LA on the way out, so I had a few days worth of clothes/pajamas/swimsuits to wash. It was nice to be able to board with a suitcase full of clean clothes. :)

Interesting! I heard they had dryers for the suits, but didn't know that meant actual dryers! In some health clubs I've seen those spinners and wall dryers- I figured that's what was meant. I did bring some laundry soap for hand washing, but I'm going to ask about laundering and returning wet on a hanger to hang in the shower. DH is very tall and can't afford any shrinkage...so his pants will need to be hung out. I also don't like to waste beautiful vacation days in paradise doing laundry- it's one thing I'm happy to pay so I can enjoy the short time I have there!

Interesting! I heard they had dryers for the suits, but didn't know that meant actual dryers! In some health clubs I've seen those spinners and wall dryers- I figured that's what was meant. I did bring some laundry soap for hand washing, but I'm going to ask about laundering and returning wet on a hanger to hang in the shower. DH is very tall and can't afford any shrinkage...so his pants will need to be hung out. I also don't like to waste beautiful vacation days in paradise doing laundry- it's one thing I'm happy to pay so I can enjoy the short time I have there!

I don't blame you! If I had been aware of the "unlimited" laundry package, I might have booked that for our cruise. But it wasn't bad doing laundry at the hotel; the laundry room I used was just a little ways past the spa, so I just ran down to the pool to relax and read while the load was in the washer/dryer. :)

So great to know about the laundry service! When my husband and I went on the Wind Spirit in 2011, we signed up for it, and it was great. Besides not having to pack as much, and having everything clean & pressed, we also went home with clean clothes. That in itself was worth it!

This is why I am doing a laundry package- 1 back pack, one roller bag each- and we've packed an extra bag to check on the way home if we buy too many souvenirs;) I'd just rather be able to get around easily than bring extra stuff!

398291_4627796250749_2043956953_n.jpg

(Sorry it's an ipad photo- the camera is terrible)

This is why I am doing a laundry package- 1 back pack, one roller bag each- and we've packed an extra bag to check on the way home if we buy too many souvenirs;) I'd just rather be able to get around easily than bring extra stuff!

Wow - way to travel light! :)

Archived