Where will the Moana fit in terms of luxury?

Naveron

Will the Moana Caribbean Cruises be comparable to a Windstar cruise or a Seadream Yacht club cruise...I am trying to get a sense of the style of the cruise (e..g. luxury, casual etc). I have sailed Windstar and Seabourn and enjoyed both. The itinerary for the Moana looks terrific.

You should try and watch the PG webinar on the ship as that will give you a good idea.

My own take is that it will be between Windstar and seadream - though I havent been on either. They are trying to make the Moana very nuch like the PG in spirit.

I am on the first cruise so if you wait I shall give you a report.

• 5 months later...

I havent sailed Windstar or SeaDream.

I think the service standards will be high as some of the PG staff are to move over .

I dont know whether the facilites would compare to SeaDream as the ship is really small.

I havent sailed Windstar or SeaDream.

I think the service standards will be high as some of the PG staff are to move over .

I dont know whether the facilites would compare to SeaDream as the ship is really small.

I have been on the old SeaDream when it was Radisson. Like Emdee I have not yet been on the TM and am also on the first and second sailing this year. I think the facilites may compare but will also post as we go

Mike

No I dont think so Mike. It think they may be Sea Goddess ? Ren ships were sold to Oceania/Princess/Pulmantur ( now these are with Azamara) when they went bankrupt.

You may be right, we were on the R-1 ship, 140 guest, when they went bankrupt. check out the size, the ones sold to Oceania and Princess were the 700+ guest, they had two smaller 140 guest ships. being on a ship when they go bankrupt was not a lot of fun

You may be right, we were on the R-1 ship, 140 guest, when they went bankrupt. check out the size, the ones sold to Oceania and Princess were the 700+ guest, they had two smaller 140 guest ships. being on a ship when they go bankrupt was not a lot of fun

I just checked our old docs, you are correct all the R ships were the larger ones. you know how it gets when we get older. I still remember it taking us 32 hours to get back to the USA when they dummped us off the ship. no fun no refund

I just checked our old docs, you are correct all the R ships were the larger ones. you know how it gets when we get older. I still remember it taking us 32 hours to get back to the USA when they dummped us off the ship. no fun no refund

After more checking it was the Renaissance VII that is now sailing as the Corinthian II, nice small ship

Poor you to be dumped like that.

I think my policy covers bankruptcy of providers but it must have been horrific. Where were you when it happened? I know a number of people were in Tahiti - I remember hearing the story on the PG.

Poor you to be dumped like that.

I think my policy covers bankruptcy of providers but it must have been horrific. Where were you when it happened? I know a number of people were in Tahiti - I remember hearing the story on the PG.

we were in Italy. thanks to American Express we got all are money back. If you would like to check out the progress of the Tere Moana you can go to marinetraffic.com, sign up, its free and put the name of the ship in. it will track it in live time. as we know it anchored in Lisboa. counting the days. when do you guys fly in to St. Martin.

Mike

That was the year we did our first P&G and the ships were just left there tied up sort of in the middle of nowhere. I remember the girl in the gift shop said she was dumped off and did not have enough money to get home to London Ontario and went to P&G and asked for a job and they hired some of the staff.

Not fun for guest or staff from many countries.

I am taking the January 2 week cruise and would like to hear about the ship from anyone who has been on the first sailings. The ship looks beautiful! How is it with just 90 passengers on board?

We have sailed both sizes of Seabourn ships as well as the Paul Gauguin... How does the TM compare?

Excursions worth taking? Formality of dress? Food? onboard activities?

Thanks for any info!

Archived