Seabourn or regent seven seas?

Bblqc

The first thing that comes to mind is that the Mariner is more than 3 times larger than the Seabourn triplets. Although I have not been on Seabourn, I regularly read posts on the Seabourn board and reviews from passengers. Regent cannot match the intimacy on a 700 passenger that can be achieved on a ship that carries only 208 passengers.

Having said that, the Mariner is an all-suite ship and has the largest public spaces of any ship in Regent's fleet (note: regular suites are slightly smaller than the Voyager or the Navigator but Penthouse suites are much larger).

Food and wine is subjective. There have been many threads regarding which luxury line has the best included wines. Regent has some nice ones and some that we do not care for. Passengers always have the option to ask for a different wine from the included wine menu. I would assume that you could get a perfect steak on either Seabourn or Regent (Regent's Prime 7 restaurant has exceptional steaks IMO).

From what I have read, the personal service offered on the smaller Seabourn ships cannot be matched by any other cruise line. However, Regent has excellent service -- the staff does everything it can to accommodate passengers. We tend to dine in the same areas of Compass Rose (the main restaurant) so we get to know the servers and they learn our names and preferences. It gives the feel of being on a smaller ship.

If you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

but on the Sojourn(400) and both Mariner and Voyager(700)...

agree with above poster,,,have NOT been on the smaller ships in ea.line.

Was on SeaDream(110)?,,,and TOO SMALL with no balcony,,,so above ship size seems JUST RIGHT,,,for me.

Would go on both Sojourn(or same size ship) but not Voyager,,due to vibration probs...some not affected,,,I WAS,,,

Similar service,cabins,food,entertainment ,excursions(were FREE on Regent)...if price and itinerary the SAME,,would go for Seabourn,,just a notch ABOVE in all ,,IMO..

Also,,any specific questions,,,let me know.;)

think Seabourn Sojourn(400) was my favorite...like Regent Mariner(700) but not Voyager,,due to vibration probs.

But the itinerary determines which ship...for instance,,going on Oceania Regatta(penthouse) for next cruise,,due to better ports and dates.Price will be similar to regular cabins on luxury ship...

So lots to consider,:)

We've done Regent but not Seabourn. Seabourn is a deal breaker for us due to their smoking policies. That being said, some people would say Regent was a deal breaker for them due to their smoking policy.

was VERY lucky not to have been bothered by it,,,no one smoked on balcony near us,,,and our cabin didnt have that smoky smell,,,thank god.

but I did notice lingering smoke odor in halls.

Yes, Regent better about this,,much stricter...

Was going to mention this,,but,,in past many posters have been very RUDE in their comments about this.A real HOT TOPIC>>hahaha

Archived