Harbor House in Galveston?

IamaTexasCruiser

It's been a few years but we stayed there two different cruises and loved it. Ask for a corner room and you will be able to see the ships come in the channel and at the dock. When we stayed there, you left your car at the Hotel Galvez and they shuttled you to the port and back. Very easy, I'd call the hotel if you have any questions. It's a small property.

Big comfortable rooms with great restaurants/shopping within walking distance. Carnival pier is closest to Harbor House and we walked to the Mariner which is after the CCL dock. Seems like parking was extra $20-30 for the week. The Hotel Galvez shuttle will take you and your luggage to the drop off if desired. Have fun. Bob

Yes you can walk easy two blocks

less distance than walking in any airport.

Terminal one Carnival is closer than Terminal two Disney and RCCL

Parking may be site or at Galvez in parking garage

Call for info

Harbor House, Galvez, and Tremont owned by same and

these are better Hotels and operated by Wyndham Grand Collection Group

see sites

I've stayed there twice and was very happy with it. Both times we sailed Carnival and walked to terminal. Next time we are sailing RCI and we feel it is too far to walk it with our luggage. We are older though [late 60's] so younger folks may not be bothered at all.

I've stayed there twice and was very happy with it. Both times we sailed Carnival and walked to terminal. Next time we are sailing RCI and we feel it is too far to walk it with our luggage. We are older though [late 60's] so younger folks may not be bothered at all.

Drive it down in your car if have one

drop off one of you with bags

back to park

one walk back

or

have Tremont Galvez HH bus pick you up and drop you

So we stayed at the Harbor house this weekend. Great place and perfect location for the cruiser.

We had booked saturday night since we wanted to enjoy all the activities of the weekend. We ended up staying sunday night as well.

We called HH friday evening and asked If we could park in the lot before checking in. Front desk said no problem. We showed up Saturday at noon and buzzed the front desk from the desk. We went in to get checked in and was told our room was ready.

WOW we wernt thinking we would get into our room till 4ish.

We were givin a 3rd floor king room facing the harbor. Odd# rooms on the east side

The hotel was sold out for King room since we booked sunday at check out. So we were offered a 2 queen bed room facing the cruise ships.

So again we had a room available @ noon

1zegwfm.jpg

i73foi.jpg

2u4tx1y.jpg

So we had originally planned coming down for the Shrimpfest than found out the Disney Mageic and the comissioning of the USS Fort Worth.

So we knew it was going to be a crowded weekend with a different cruiseship in port each day and the other festivities.

Staying at the HH made it very easy to relax and worry about parking spot or walking for miles to get anywhere

So after checking in to the Harbor House we walked a block south to the Strand for the Shrimpfest and the Gumbo tasting we had prepaid for.

It saved $2pp gave us a little bracelet,spoon and 4oz styrofoam cup for samplings.

The Strand is the old area of shops in Galveston. Like an old town main street good place to have an event like this. Just wish they could have turned up the AC as the GF was getting hot as we walked from booth to booth. We are from San Francisco :o

So this was basically 2 blocks of booths with tastings. On the Strand was the pros and on the side street was the amatuers. There were a couple amatuers that stood out and Caseys and Joes Crab shack was the best of the pros.

So after an hour and a half of samplings I was full so we decided to head back and enjoy our room and relax before DCL Magic sailaway

We had thought we might walk over to ther Disney sailaway party on our way back to the HH but it was still early. Once we got back into the air conditioned room we wernt going anywhere but downstairs for sailaway;)

We had decided to meet up with a couple of CC folks for sailaway at Olympia Grill Pier21. My GF's favorite restaurant in Galveston I just forgot to mention what we were wearing since we had never met in person:o.

After a half hour we figured it out and had a great evening with a few drinks and lots of conversation.

For those of you that have never eaten and Olympia grill. It is a greek restaurant that does great seafood. Its a little pricey but so are alot of portside restaurants. It is also where the cruise cam and harbor cam are mounted. Our favorite place for sailaway. We wernt able to say hi to our cruise buddies via webcam since the pier was a secure area.

So we had ideas of getting up and watching the CCL Magic arrive but we oversleeped. Our thoughts for the day were to go downstairs to OG pier21 for Brunch and than walk around the Strand and head home.

We call for late check out of 1pm and they said yes:eek: Im starting to like this place more. Great customer service.

So we go downstairs and have a Bloody Mary brunch. It seemed like a popular drink as I saw about 20 being made from the time we sat down and ordered our brunch. It was good so I had to order another;). The GF had a mimosa. We order our food and it was good but our conversation turned to the Forth Worth idling next to us and the CCL Magic getting fueled up. So the GF sugested we stay another night and watch the FT Worths sailaway besides the CCL Magic and arrival of Triumph in the morning.

So off we go to the front desk and see if they still have some rooms available. They didnt have any Kings available but she offered us a double queen on the cruise ship side that was already cleaned. So up to our room and move everything across the hall.

So after a few hours walking the Strand and the Shrimpfest. My GF got to do some window shooping while i had a couple cold ones. It was a little cooler today with a nice breeze.

Back to the room to watch sailaway and relax before dinner.

t98mcm.jpg

ej7l6v.jpg

There is a great window at the end of the hall that was utilized by numerous cruisers over the weekend

2vagksp.jpg

2njgjno.jpg

Archived