Wedding Vow Renewals

sea chantey

There are the occasional discussions on thei board about HAL's approach to the vow renewal ceremony. DW and I celebrated our 30th with a renewal ceremony aboard the Rotterdam last year. At the risk of embarassing both of us, I've uploaded a short video of the ceremony at:

Be happy to answer any questions.

There are the occasional discussions on thei board about HAL's approach to the vow renewal ceremony. DW and I celebrated our 30th with a renewal ceremony aboard the Rotterdam last year. At the risk of embarassing both of us, I've uploaded a short video of the ceremony at:

So very lovely! Thank you so much for sharing!!!

We just celebrated our 50th on the New years cruise of the Zandaam and it was really special. HAL and Amanda, the event planner had everything in place for us. We were the only ones celebrating our vows and the Captain sat and spoke with us for about an hour before performing the vows. I can't say enough how special they made the event and how well it was done.Looks like yours was very special also. congrats!! Anyone thinking about their vows I encourage them to explore it with HAL and I do believe that you will be in for a very magical time and event.:)

Lovely!! Lovely!!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful moments.

Congratulations on celebrating 30 years (now 31).

We just celebrated our 50th on the New years cruise of the Zandaam and it was really special. HAL and Amanda, the event planner had everything in place for us. We were the only ones celebrating our vows and the Captain sat and spoke with us for about an hour before performing the vows. I can't say enough how special they made the event and how well it was done.Looks like yours was very special also. congrats!! Anyone thinking about their vows I encourage them to explore it with HAL and I do believe that you will be in for a very magical time and event.:)

Congratulations on celebrating 50 years!!

We did our 40th last year on the Maasdam during the NE/Canada to FLL run (13 days). The HAL crew was a bit disorganized when arranging it and we wondered about it, but then found out why.

It seems we were the only couple to do it for Maasdam's entire May-Oct NE/Canada season!

Our ceremony was fantastic, with the Captain and his wife joining us and the Party Planner for about 30 minutes prior to the ceremony, chatting and having cocktails and snacks. Then the lovely ceremony and about 15 more minutes having cake afterwards.

All in all, a great value for the money, especially when you are the only couple.

It seems that HAL does not promote this event much - they should. IMO, they likely lose money on it (cake, champagne, snacks, photos & album, plus the time over several crew members and the Captain.

Do it if you can!

DaveOKC

Can someone post the details of how much something like this costs and what exactly is included. Doing a trip with my parents for their 50th and wanted to see if this would be something I could/should arrange for them. Could not find anything about it on HAL web site.

Thanks,

Eric813

Future Cruises - 1

14. Westerndam (HAL) – August 3-10, 2012 (Alaska, Seattle, WA)

Past Cruises – 13

13. Voyager of the Seas (RCI) – March 31 – April 7, 2012 (Western Caribbean, New Orleans, LA)

12. Disney Wonder (Disney) – February 6-13, 2011 (Mexican Rivera, Los Angeles, CA)

11. Pride of America (NCL) - November 7-14, 2009 (Hawaiian Islands, Honolulu, HI)

10. Carnival Pride (CCL) - June 6-13, 2009 (Bahamas / Caribbean, Baltimore, MD)

9. Holiday (CCL) - March 3-8, 2007 (Western Caribbean, Mobile, AL)

8. Jewel (NCL) - July 2-9, 2006 (Western Mediterranean, Barcelona, ESP)

7. Explorer of the Seas (RCI) - November 6-13, 2005 (Western Caribbean, Miami, FL)

6. Imagination (CCL) - June 12-17, 2000 (Western Caribbean, Miami, FL)

5. Inspiration (CCL) - July 14-21, 1996 (Southern Caribbean, San Juan, PR)

Scandanvian ???? – December 27, 1989 (Bahamas, Fort Lauderdale, FL ??)

4. Britanis (Chandris) - December 1985 (Western Caribbean, Montego Bay, JAM)

3. Rhapsody (Paquet) - December 1983 (Western Caribbean, Miami, FL)

2. Festival (CCL) - December 18-25, 1982 (Eastern Caribbean, Miami, FL)

1. Norway (NCL) - December 1980 (Eastern Caribbean, Miami, FL)

We paid $114 last year. It included the ceremony, some flowers and dinner in the Pinnacle Grill. The ceremony timing is at the Captain's discretion, usually on sea days.

We were quite surprised and pleased to see the Adagio Strings at the ceremony. We shared our cake with them, and they acknowledged us for the rest of the cruise.

When you do the renewal of vows, is it just the two of you or are family and friends invited to watch? I assume friends and family can watch but the price only includes the PG for the couple itself. Can the PG night be a different night from the ceremony itself?

Eric813

Family and friends can be invited, but they would pay for the Pinnacle Grill. Regarding choosing another night, you should probably contact HAL with that question.

By the way, the price also included a photo. of the ceremony. We purchased the additional phots that you see, or we took some ourselves.

Can someone post the details of how much something like this costs and what exactly is included. Doing a trip with my parents for their 50th and wanted to see if this would be something I could/should arrange for them. Could not find anything about it on HAL web site.

We enjoyed our ROV immensely and I would think your parents would love it! But, it is hard to find on the HAL site (actually with Wedding Info): http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-onboard/Activities.action?tabName=Weddings+On+Board

Renewal of Vows On Board

For couples that would like to say their wedding vows while at sea, Holland America Line offers an onboard Renewal-of-Vows package. As part of the package, the guests will receive flowers in their stateroom, and invitations are made available to invite guests to the ceremony and celebration. The couple also receives:

A 10x7 activity sheet

Dinner for two one evening in the Pinnacle Grill

A celebration featuring music, champagne, wine and hors d'oeuvres served by Holland America Line's five-star staff

Onboard honeymoon, anniversary and renewal-of-vows packages may be booked through Holland America Line's Ship Services Department, (800) 541-1576.

Renewal of Vows at Half Moon Cay

Guests that visit Half Moon Cay, the company's own island paradise, on Holland America Line Caribbean and Panama Canal cruises may renew their wedding vows on the island in a private, traditional Bahamian chapel nestled in a garden overlooking the sea. This is a more casual ceremony than on board and participants are encouraged to wear their favorite tropical attire. Champagne and cake are served after the ceremony. Each couple is photographed on the island and the photo is delivered to their stateroom in a souvenir frame. Arrangements for renewal of vows at the chapel may be made through the Guest Relations Manager at the Front Office on board the ship.

Have a great cruise.:)

When you do the renewal of vows, is it just the two of you or are family and friends invited to watch? I assume friends and family can watch but the price only includes the PG for the couple itself. Can the PG night be a different night from the ceremony itself?

Eric813

You can do the PG any night of the cruise. Most folks like to do it the same night as the ceremony, to make it special.

You may invite others to the ROV ceremony, but there is a fee per guest (I THINK around $15, but check this out for yourself to be sure). Of course, they also have to pay for the PG ($25) if they wish to go with you.

Very nice video thanks for posting. We attended our first vow renewal this past September and it was very nice. I believe there were about 5 couple doing the same. Well worth doing if you have an interest in renewing your vows.

OMG Melodie! We were one of the 5 couples renewing our vows that day.

My DH arranged it to surprise me and it actually happened on our exact anniversary date. We were joined by 5 new friends we met on the cruise as well as April, the events co-ordinator. We celebrated 30 years.

I would recommend this for any couple wanting to renew their vows. Very well presented.

Congrats to all the other couples celebrating their anniversaries.

Rockfan2

Archived