Close to the wheels???

FLAMOM24

NOTICE:

If you are against rum runners/smuggling, please do me a favor and don't read/respond this thread. Don't use me and others to make yourself feel better. You don't know me/my situation, or anyone else's other than your own . :D

So here's my question:

I've asked in rum runner threads but haven't seen a response. Can anyone tell me the reasoning behind positioning them close to the wheels of your luggage?

Never used them but I'm going to guess, since the cap and general shape is what they look for on xray, maybe the wheels help disguise or hide it? :confused: (Edit, I imagine especially if the wheels are partiallly recessed into the body of the luggage, they could somewhat obscure the RR).

Okay, I haven't actually done this. I always give in and simply consider my credit card limit as a donation to Carnival's bottom line and my gift to the stock holders.

BUT, if or when I decide to join ranks with the pirates (arrrgh), I would diversify my stock and be sure that all rum runners were 1st-metal free. Then use multiple RR's and disperse them in various places. I'd think that if a bag is "randomly" selected, it would be checked thoroughly, but chances of multiple bags being "randomly" selected would make getting more in easier. Again, I would also weigh heavy on the "bathroom" bag as it would more commonly have more liquids. BUT I would avoid packing multiple bottles of "mouth wash" and go with ONE "mouth wash" , ONE "shampoo", ONE "conditioner", ONE "body lotion", etc., and each in a "properly" marked (but thoroughly cleaned) bottle.

That said... I'll "probably" "invest" in Cheers. I do like those bar tenders!, especially 'cause "everybody knows my name" :cool::eek:

Okay, I haven't actually done this. I always give in and simply consider my credit card limit as a donation to Carnival's bottom line and my gift to the stock holders.

BUT, if or when I decide to join ranks with the pirates (arrrgh), I would diversify my stock and be sure that all rum runners were 1st-metal free. Then use multiple RR's and disperse them in various places. I'd think that if a bag is "randomly" selected, it would be checked thoroughly, but chances of multiple bags being "randomly" selected would make getting more in easier. Again, I would also weigh heavy on the "bathroom" bag as it would more commonly have more liquids. BUT I would avoid packing multiple bottles of "mouth wash" and go with ONE "mouth wash" , ONE "shampoo", ONE "conditioner", ONE "body lotion", etc., and each in a "properly" marked (but thoroughly cleaned) bottle.

That said... I'll "probably" "invest" in Cheers. I do like those bar tenders!, especially 'cause "everybody knows my name" :cool::eek:

I have been succesful just putting bottle wrapped in clothes, but my GF is nervous about these things so I bought a bottle from Bon Voyage this time... but leaving from Texas it would not get delivered until day after leaving port... so I did put a half dozen of those little one shot bottles tucked in side pockets of shorts and pants I had packed... just made sure they were plastic cap variety, all made it no problem.

Agreed...and I would do the Cheers program in a heartbeat if it were offered on the ship I'm sailing.

Would these go in our checked luggage, or with us in our carry-on bags?

If they are found - in our checked luggage - do we get called out for it, or it just taken and that's it type thing?

Checked. If found, just taken not returned.

If smuggling through carry-on I'd only do the smaller rum runners in your pockets, NOT carry on bags.

Why would you put all your secrets on here for where to put rum runners??? The cruise lines read these forum boards. Probably not a great idea to publicly give out all your secrets

I considered this but I'm sure they've seen WAY more creative things than are talked about on these forums. It's a matter of (un)luck wrt whose bags get searched and whose don't. ;)

FLAMOM,

I agree. I consider myself VERY unimaginative. That is part of why I enjoy these boards so much. There are SO many that are SO much more imaginative. I'm always amazed... and always revising my "ultimate" plan.

5 P's? 6 P's? Either way... It'll be an amazing cruise!!!

Checked. If found, just taken not returned.

If smuggling through carry-on I'd only do the smaller rum runners in your pockets, NOT carry on bags.

Great thanks. I am still not sure if we will do it, time will tell!

Although I didn't buy any as I now (mostly) purchase my booze from Bon Voyage here are more new "smuggle" products. Saw them at our local Swap Meet.

http://www.smuggleyourbooze.com/

The tampon ones. I would need alot of tampons to make it worthwhile. If they found them in my bag, they would be wondering what the heck was wrong with me to need so many...LOL;)

I am a petite 5' 2" woman and I have gotten two 32 oz through on my body. First, put on shorts with deep pockets at the hips, then add on top a big, flowy skirt, the top it off with a black sweater. Yes, I looked a little "hippy" but they really aren't studying you that much as you walk through the metal detector. Normally, their eyes are looking up at the readings on the scanner. The lady even stopped me to tell me how pretty my skirt was and to be sure and lift it up when I got on the escalator so it wouldn't get caught.:p

Successfully smuggled RR's in luggage for years, then one time, busted. Luck of the draw.

But, I am happy that Cheers program is now being offered. I did it on the Splendor and didn't worry about smuggling.

Success

The only part in all that you said that really matters..... makes you a ... MASTER~

We should come up with diagram of success. In my opinion...."master" is TOPS in that it equates to ... success ... = WIN

Successful 2 out of two times... about to test #3. :D

Dream Dec 2010

5295455124_0c11b4bc04.jpg

Fascination May 2012

7222241530_5c13246000.jpg

Wow, that's a great little bar happening!!

My friend and I talked about the Cheers program, but neither of us drink a lot and since we both would need to sign up for it, we have decided not to this trip. It's my first cruise, so trying to figure it all out.

This board is great for so many questions and reviews!

Wow, that's a great little bar happening!!

My friend and I talked about the Cheers program, but neither of us drink a lot and since we both would need to sign up for it, we have decided not to this trip. It's my first cruise, so trying to figure it all out.

This board is great for so many questions and reviews!

Yes! Our cabin is THE place to get a drink! Really, if you don't drink a lot just attempt a smuggle... spread it all out... (don't put all your eggs in one basket!) you most likely will get most if not all of it through.

Archived