Premium Beverage Package on Allure

zknott

My wife and I purchased the premium beverage package on Allure March 24-31. Overall we loved having it and would definitely purchase it again. We were asked to sign receipts for each purchase. Generally we tipped an extra $1-2. Service was always quick and we didn't notice any service difference between ourselves and people we were traveling with who did not purchase the package.

I've attached the list of inclusions we were given. However, in practice we were able to order anything we wanted and were never told no. I would estimate that we came a bit ahead with the package. We were on the Western itinerary and did not get off the boat in Jamaica. So we really only had 1 port day as Labadee was included. There was, however, another day where neither of us felt much like drinking.

It was great to have the freedom to try whatever we wanted. Our attitude changed from "do we really want another" to "what should our next one be" which is as it should be on vacation.

The one major annoyance I had with the package was the "souvenir cup" issue. It was awkward to let the bartenders know each time that we needed the regular cup, or risk being charged full price for the drink over a piece plastic.

Incidentally, we were charged for 2 rounds of drinks (I'm not sure if they were related to the cup issue or not). They were quickly removed from the bill at guest services when I explained that we had purchased the package.

I'd be happy to answer any questions about the package or our trip in general!

0290_001_Page_2.jpg.be6008a160a055d4869f180c684cce30.jpg

The one major annoyance I had with the package was the "souvenir cup" issue. It was awkward to let the bartenders know each time that we needed the regular cup, or risk being charged full price for the drink over a piece plastic.

Question: DO you need to carry around the "souvenir cup" to order all drinks be put in it when you have the premium package?

Question: DO you need to carry around the "souvenir cup" to order all drinks be put in it when you have the premium package?

No, this issue is different from the soda package in which you receive a cup. With the premium package you need to specifically request that your drink NOT come in a souvenir cup or you may be charged extra.

How awesome that we are finally seeing a list of wines included! I know that it may be ship/week specific, but this is very helpful. When I was on the Freedom last month, I know that the Danzante Pinot Grigio was not on every bar menu. I wonder if they would substitute something or if you were just told that there was no package wine available at that location. Are people having trouble getting the included wines in the specialty restaurants?

Am I reading it right that Dazante Pinot Grigio is included?!!

Yes, these were the wines that were included for our sailing. We drank mostly mixed drinks but did try the Merlot and the Cab. We both thought the Merlot was good, but weren't crazy about the cab.

How awesome that we are finally seeing a list of wines included! I know that it may be ship/week specific, but this is very helpful. When I was on the Freedom last month, I know that the Danzante Pinot Grigio was not on every bar menu. I wonder if they would substitute something or if you were just told that there was no package wine available at that location. Are people having trouble getting the included wines in the specialty restaurants?

We brought a bottle of our own wine to Chops (already corked) and were not charged the corkage fee. We didn't order any other wine there, but did order mixed drinks with no problem.

My wife and I purchased the premium beverage package on Allure March 24-31. Overall we loved having it and would definitely purchase it again. We were asked to sign receipts for each purchase. Generally we tipped an extra $1-2. Service was always quick and we didn't notice any service difference between ourselves and people we were traveling with who did not purchase the package.

I've attached the list of inclusions we were given. However, in practice we were able to order anything we wanted and were never told no. I would estimate that we came a bit ahead with the package. We were on the Western itinerary and did not get off the boat in Jamaica. So we really only had 1 port day as Labadee was included. There was, however, another day where neither of us felt much like drinking.

It was great to have the freedom to try whatever we wanted. Our attitude changed from "do we really want another" to "what should our next one be" which is as it should be on vacation.

Incidentally, we were charged for 2 rounds of drinks (I'm not sure if they were related to the cup issue or not). They were quickly removed from the bill at guest services when I explained that we had purchased the package.

I'd be happy to answer any questions about the package or our trip in general!

We were on the IOS March 16-24 and both had the Premium Beverage Package and never had to sign any receipts. I wonder why they would have different "rules" for different ships?

We were on the IOS March 16-24 and both had the Premium Beverage Package and never had to sign any receipts. I wonder why they would have different "rules" for different ships?

Yeah I was wondering too.....I thought the whole point was that you wouldn't have to sign.

Yeah I was wondering too.....I thought the whole point was that you wouldn't have to sign.

My guess is: how well the staff is trained.

Zknott, two questions

Where is the list of drinks available?

Do each of the cabin occupants have to buy the package?

Ta

Everyone over 21 in the same cabin have to buy the package. It is my understanding that if you have a medial condition, and a letter from the doctor, you could be exempt from that rule.

Maybe its about the staff. Sometimes if you are at a station that a register is not available as when they are offering special drinks on the bow of the ship, the just take your card number down. Maybe by always having you sign keeps everyone honest and not charge drinks to your package without your knowledge maybe for another passenger that tips better. Maybe it's left up to the individual supervisor on each ship that overseas the bars.

That said it is nice NOT having to sign those receipts.

sent from my Acer A100 tablet

Just returned from the Majesty of the Seas and purchased the premium package. Receipts needed to be signed and there were exceptions (other than wine) that were NOT included: the freshly squeezed OJ at the Windjammer (even though the description of the pkg states all juices) as well as one of the "special" drinks that was made in a fresh pineapple.

I believe the reason why you sign is the distribution of how the tips work when purchasing a drink on the beverage package. They scan your card to know what % they get as a tip. Some have mentioned that the beverage packages people don't get as good of service at bars as the cash paying cruisers. Wonder how true that is. They scan to receive their % of tip so it should be the same service. Hoping....sailing 4/28 thru 5/12 Eastern/Western B2B 14 days!! BRING IT ON...COCKTAILS!!

• 1 month later...

Archived