2015 Repeaters Cruise

Emdee

Would people be interested in a Repeaters Cruise on Tere Moana in 2015. My suggestion (and Capt Rajko approved!) is to call it the Captain's cruise and have him take us to various ports in his home country of Croatia.

I have been to Dubrovnik only and its a lovely city but from what I read there are great ports all along the Croatian coast. Kotor in Montenegro ( for those who havent been) is also a charming town.

I think the last week of june/ first week of July may be a good time but what does everyone think? I think for all our teachers out there who are unable to come on the PG next year this may be a nice time.

This is usually a 7 day itinerary ex Venice but I think it can also be done as part of a ten day Athens to Venice or Rome to Venice.

The cruise is not a done deal and has to be approved by management but some nice suggestions below from Captain Zupan.

1 st option :

1.Venice

2.Split NOON -23 59 my birth place ( I can handle one city tour "piazzas..."

3.Dubrovnik 08:00 ,0vernight,Departure early Day 4

4.Mljet ( national park swimming etc) & Korcula ( Marko Polo place ...folk fance in the evening with dinner for the guests all inclusive)

5.Vis ( blue grotto and lobster lunch) & Hvar (dinner and free time)

6.Rovinj superb excursions ,olive orchards & wine,food truffles & wineries,mumies province of Istria

7.Piran place where I live now ,superb shorex ; caves,rivers,lakes,food & wine..etc

8.Venice

2nd option

1.Venice

2.Ravenna with tours to Florence & Tuscany & San Marino

3.Split & Hvar

4.Dubrovnik

5.Mljet & Korcula

6.Vis & Hvar

7.Zadar

8.Cres & Losinj

9.Piran

10.Venice

This cruise to be followd by 11 days to Istanbul

Both look wonderful to me.

My suggested time is late june.

Me too Ahab.

I have been to Italy many, many times but not to their Adriatic coast ( other than venice).

I know Ravenna is more famous because of Dante but for me it was Wilde and Byron's poetry that piqued my interest when I was a student of English Literature. So would love to see them!

Unfortunately due to Scheduling the cruise will be only 7 days and will be in the first week of august 2015.

I think I will combine it with the Budapest to Prague river cruise so I can complete my bucket list.

Archived