Tell me about the Vision of the Seas...

I'm looking at a 7-day cruise on the Vision of the Seas leaving from Los Angeles sometime in the near future.

We've never sailed RCI, and our family has only been on one other cruise- Disney Wonder. (2001, I believe)

Anyone have any experiences on the 7-day cruise? Or been to the ports? (Cabo San Lucas, Mexico; Mazatlan, Mexico; and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.)

How big is the Vision compared to the Navigator? The Navigator is the only ship I know anything about. LOL What "class" is it in? (Are those size classes, or am I just making things up?)

I hope threads like this aren't frowned upon, and I'm searching right now and I've found some websites focusing on RCI. I'm just trying to get as much information in the shortest amount of time possible. I've got to convince the family! (They believe cruises are boring, predictable, yadda yadda. :rolleyes:)

TIA for the advice, everyone here has been very kind. :)

We just got back from going on Vision of the Seas. We had a great, great time! There were 9 of us that went. Our favorite memory of the cruise was our horseback riding tour with Rand's Happy Horses. My kids, ages almost 4 and 7, got to ride there own horses along the beach and coconut groves in Matazlan. The service was subperb on the Vision. We loved the food. Desserts were to die for? I suggest you check out the port/destination section of these boards to get ideas of the ports.

Hi, I was on the Rhapsody at those ports and I loved that trip and loved visiting those ports. Check the royal caribbean site for the choice of shore excursions. Also, family and friends who were on the Vision loved it.

Robin :cool:

I'm looking at a 7-day cruise on the Vision of the Seas leaving from Los Angeles sometime in the near future.

I was on the Vision last december had had a great time i found the ship to be top notch, My only complaint was the lack late night food, one night we wanted some food at about 2:00 am and ordered a sandwitch from room service and it was just not very good, the breakfast from room service was great, The ship was very clean and there was very little worn out areas.

Anyone have any experiences on the 7-day cruise? Or been to the ports? (Cabo San Lucas, Mexico; Mazatlan, Mexico; and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.)

I really liked Cabo but the prices for shopping were higher than Mazatlan, or PV. check on the port of call board for what there is to do in each port

How big is the Vision compared to the Navigator? The Navigator is the only ship I know anything about. LOL What "class" is it in? (Are those size classes, or am I just making things up?)

I hope threads like this aren't frowned upon, and I'm searching right now and I've found some websites focusing on RCI. I'm just trying to get as much information in the shortest amount of time possible. I've got to convince the family! (They believe cruises are boring, predictable, yadda yadda. :rolleyes:)

I have only taken one cruise and that was on the Vision, before I went on the ship I really had no way of knowing what to execpt. are they boring, only if you want to be board. I like to keep busy at all times and there was no way i could do everything there was to do on the ship.

predictable---- not a chance in a week time some of the things I did

visit three different citied I have never been to before

swim in the oceen warm water

drink beer in a bar where I was the only who spoke English

watch whales and dolfins

play trivia games on the ship

free shows

midnight chockelet buffet

visit a small town out side of PV and see how others live

shop at a walmart in another country

eat smoked salmon everyday for breakfast

at dinner after eating my food tell the waiter to bring me a steak because i was still hungry

when I was in cabo I went into Cabo Wabo for a drink and now i am one of the luckey people who have been in both cabo Wabo's (lake tahoe)

so as you can see there is much to do and not very much time, I bet if 10 diferent people posted what they did off ship you would get 10 different responces.

Bob P.

Wow! I love this ship and this itinerary. We have our next two cruises

planned but I'm trying to figure out how was could swing this one again.

I guess I'll have to wait until 2007. Anyway, I agree with the above

poster about Randi's Happy Horses. One of the highlights of our trip.

She accomodates riders of all ages and skill. She matches up the horses

with your needs. I had a horse when I was growing up so I was able

to feel comfortable pretty quick. I was out front of the pack galloping.

There was a group of four of us galloping. Once we got pretty far

ahead of everyone we gallopped back to the group. Then, we turned

around and gallopped ahead again. Our horses wanted to race. The rest

of the group walked slowly behind which was great for us to give us

time to play. I thought we would get yelled at for galloping but we

didn't. It was just perfect weather and one of the best days of my life.

Then, in Puerta Vallarta I'm going to recommend the Los Veronos

Canapy Tour. I don't know how old your kids are but if old enough

they will love this. This is a series of zip lines where you sail across

the jungles and gorges. I'm a big scardey cat and I loved this. Cabo

is just such a cool place. We took a water taxi out to Lover's Beach.

They gave us the "scenic tour" and showed us sea lions, zillions of

fish through the glass bottom boat, and you get close to the rock

formations. Check out the Mexican Riveria board. You will get lots

of information.

As far as the ship goes, it's not as big as the Voyager class(Navigator)

but very manageable. There is a rock climbing wall.

I highly recommend this cruise in every way.

Cat Girl

We also just returned from the Vision....great cruise! :)

The Vision as already stated is a Vision Class Ship, I found her to be in great shape and a very friendly crew! :)

The food was good and service was very good. Room service was excellant.

Go for it....and enjoy!!! ;)

Arizona Cruiser

Did you just do the Alaska cruise on the Vision?

Did you go to Icy Strait Point? is it just a small village and what is there to do there?

I sailed on the Vision in 2002, and am looking at next May on the Vision as it is close to where I live so no flights.

It was my first cruise in 2002 and I thought the food was excellent, service was good. In fact I thought the food was the best of the all the 3 (not a lot to compare with) cruises (Mercury, Radiance).

The cabin was small compared to the above ships. Any one else? Thoughts on the Vision?

Cheers:)

Just booked this ship this morning for next May(19th).........

Did Alaska last year on the Serenade but this itinerary has different ports......inc.Victoria and Icy Strait.........

Really looking forward to it.................

Arizona Cruiser

Did you just do the Alaska cruise on the Vision?

Did you go to Icy Strait Point? is it just a small village and what is there to do there?

I sailed on the Vision in 2002, and am looking at next May on the Vision as it is close to where I live so no flights.

It was my first cruise in 2002 and I thought the food was excellent, service was good. In fact I thought the food was the best of the all the 3 (not a lot to compare with) cruises (Mercury, Radiance).

The cabin was small compared to the above ships. Any one else? Thoughts on the Vision?

Cheers:)

Yes we were on the Vision to Alaska 9/01/02. At that time the itinerary included Hubbard Glacier....It was very active that day, with clear skies and temps were about 70* it was the highlight of the cruise!! :)

As for the cabins, yes some are small, we've not been on any Celebrity so can't compare there, we have been on Radiance and had an standard outside at 170 sf. and it was very doable. Both times on the Vision we had a JS.....but in 02 the JS were still a cat C. Our Vision cruise to Mexico we had an Aft JS....GREAT!!

As I aready stated the Vision is a great ship and it sounds like it would be perfect for you since you live close!!

Linda :)

Our Vision cruise to Mexico we had an Aft JS....GREAT!!

Since the bookings just opened up,we were able to snag an JS aft(one on the end) cabin 8088...............we have had afts before and really love them........

Since the bookings just opened up,we were able to snag an JS aft(one on the end) cabin 8088...............we have had afts before and really love them........

Great Parrothead8...we were in 8090 next to 8088 and I peaked around the corner......NICE!!!! Enjoy :D

Linda :)

We sailed the Vision in late December. The ship was OK, but I think the Voyager class has a lot more to offer - JMHO.

The itinerary is nice, I like sea days. It was very cool the first day leaving and the day before returning to LA/San Pedro (remember this is late December).

We loved Cabo, whale watching and going into town was a blast. Mazatlan was just OK, and PV was fun.

We sailed the same itinerary on Vision in Feb.2005. The ship was fine, but not nearly as large as the Voyager class. We did enjoy seeing the dolphins and whales as we approached Cabo. Hubby enjoyed the $1 Coronas on the pier in Cabo. I enjoyed the beach until we were overrun with people selling their stuff. Some people simply had "No Gracias" signs to keep them away. Mazatlan was a complete disappointment. I heard they were refurbishing the regular pier area(according to someone else), so we docked at what seemed like an unloading dock. It was so slummy when we walked down the street, that we ended up going back to the ship. Puerta Valarta was fun, but I noticed most of the the resorts were all inclusive, so we had trouble finding a place to sit at the beach within walking distance of the ship. The Pacific Ocean is much colder than the Atlantic, so we didn't do any ocean swimming. We did enjoy the sail away party with the late night barbeque waving goodbye to Mexico. Air does get cold at night as you get closer to California. I would book this cruise during warmer months and sign up for excursions to avoid the panhandling and nasty areas. The Mexican coastline is absolutely gorgeous and worth the cruise. Cabo was my favorite stop.

Mary

Plymouth, MA

Wife and I were on the Vision over Thanksgiving. Enjoyed the ship. Service and food was good for the most part. Only concern we had was the lack of teamwork between the waiter and assistant waiter. When bevreage needed to be refilled the waiter was quick to point out it was not his job and summoned the assistant. Seems to me good service would have been to fill the glasses. As a side note ..on the Grandeur over Christmas and the team work by the wait staff to include the head waiter was amazing. Would highly recommend the Vision and the Mexican Riviera.

We sailed the Vision in late December. It was very cool the first day leaving and the day before returning to LA/San Pedro (remember this is late December).

I was on the Vision also in late december Dec 19-26

and out first sea day 12-20 was very warm, by the time we got back to La it had turned on the cool side.

• 4 months later...

We went on the VOS about 5 years ago and loved it.We got the little private dining room off to the side.the servers were fantastic.We had an inside room but won't do that again( too spoiled by an ocean view or balcony)Lots of stuff to do and see.We were so busy with stuff to do that we actually lost weight and ate everything they offered us.

Took dance lessons and re-learned the saturday night fever dance,had champagne with the captain for our honeymoon.Can't say enough good stuff about her.We left for the C cruiselines but now were are back.We are looking forward to the Explorer of the Seas in July next year.

Oh yeh by the way we did the VOS to Alaska out of Vancouver

regards

from your friends to the north

Happy to here all the good things about the vision of the seas.We have a cruise booked for 11/19/06 to the mexican riviera.We have a 17year old and 15 year old(boys) do you think they will keep entertained on this size ship?We have been on the navigator class ships the last two cruises and we never saw them.That really broke my heart.NOOOTTTT!!!!!!!!

Gene:cool:

Can anyone tell me how loud my room will be on the 8th deck under the pool? I have read about hearing the lounge chairs scraping above your head on other ships but not this one. Does anyone know?

Michelle in SoCal

Just returned from crusing on the Vision of the Sea. We were on Deck 8, Aft, room 8578, under the Solarium (indoor pool area)..some early mornings we heard footsteps and the movement of one or two chair by a crew member. DH also mentioned hearing the deck being hosed down one morning. But otherwise it was fairly quiet. Really can't complain after being upgraded to a Jr. Suite...I'm now spoiled!! It was our 3rd cruise, first with RCCL & to the Mexican Riviera. We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise, crew members were friendly and received excellent service. Just a word of warning tho...there will be two time changes... hour advance time change in Mazatlan & another hour in Puerta Vallarta. Then on the return trip the reverse takes place. It was hard getting use to all the time changes. Cruising the first day out & last day back to CA can be quite cool & windy, so bring a jacket. Unfortunately, not much activity took place around the outdoor pool area.

Happy to here all the good things about the vision of the seas.We have a cruise booked for 11/19/06 to the mexican riviera.We have a 17year old and 15 year old(boys) do you think they will keep entertained on this size ship?We have been on the navigator class ships the last two cruises and we never saw them.That really broke my heart.NOOOTTTT!!!!!!!!

Gene:cool:

When i was on the ship i only saw my parents at dinner and the show that was it.

Archived