Taste of Maui Island tour

Lilac

Anyone took this tour from Hawaii Cruise Excursions?

The price is $99.00 but we have to add $50.00 per person from Lahaina; is it worth it or is there a better itinerary available?

Thank you

Anyone took this tour from Hawaii Cruise Excursions?

The price is $99.00 but we have to add $50.00 per person from Lahaina; is it worth it or is there a better itinerary available?

Thank you

This is the tour I wanted to do also but didn't check price. I ,too, am interested in any similar tours.

I just checked out the 3 other vendors I usually go to, and they don't even offer anything similar to this tour. The closest I could find was Haleakala National Park, the winery, and the Lavender Farm for $234 at viator dot com.

So to OP, the price of this one isn't out of line.

Have a great trip!

We did a similar excursion off of Princess, last April. It was Haleakala, Lavendar farm, winery (wine tasting,) & goat farm. The best part was the goat farm. It did include lunch. It was a small group, 7 people in a plush van.The price $249.00 each.:eek: I asked the guide (driver) about that excursion that you are referring to, as I had inquired about the Taste of Maui. He said it was not the same as the one we were on. Ours was over 8 hours. We did enjoy it a lot, especially since it was in the nice van, (very comfy)

Thank you for your replies;

so ready for this cruise, started planning and booking tours since January, also reading daily the CC boards, learning so much.

I think that the most fun is preparing and researching - you kind of live in the future.

Thank you for your replies;

so ready for this cruise, started planning and booking tours since January, also reading daily the CC boards, learning so much.

I think that the most fun is preparing and researching - you kind of live in the future.

Not booking until after final payment in case I have to cancel but have decided to take this tour - if nothing else will get a longer sightseeing time! Closer to time maybe there will be some from roll call who would like to do this tour.

• 1 month later...
We are on Rhapsody of the Seas Sept 2013 and we just signed up for this 6 hour tour from Lahaina! right after we received our confirmation we received an email about our picnic lunch and our menu selection....the picnic sounds great and I can't wait to buy a bottle of wine at the winery and enjoy it with my lunch on the slopes of a volcano! Super excited!!!

Would we be able to take back on board what we didn't drink at lunch(I'm solo) or another bottle ).??

Trying to decide on tours is driving me crazy! Not too interested in shopping...more into scenic (Crater, Iao) and historical. Does the Taste Tour have enough of those or is it too much shopping? Any tour you would recommend (not Hana) that covers most of the important sights of the island that NEEDS to be seen? I prefer NOT a big bus. Thanks.

I haven't done the Taste of Maui tour, but it doesn't include Halekala summit (crater) or Iao Valley. These two places would be easy to do in one day with a rental car ... you could also visit a couple of places listed in the Taste of Maui Tour on your own if you wanted to.

What 'needs' to be seen is arbitrary ... I do like Ho'opika to see the surfers, and Paia is a great place to stop for a meal and browse the stores if you like shopping. Haven't gotten to the winery, or the ranch or lavender farm yet (after 3 trips of 5+ weeks in total) and I don't have them on my list for our upcoming trip ... but if we're in the area, I would stop in.

Iao, Haleakala, west and south side beaches, (Road to Hana, if you're there for more than a day or two) are 'need to see' IMO, but again, everyone has different interests. Lahaina is also interesting.

The mention of shopping more than once in the Taste of Maui tour makes me think it might not be what you are looking for. The slopes of Haleakala are scenic - lots of trees and other vegetation, plus some great views of various parts of the island, the ocean and nearby smaller islands. If you are undecided, suggest googling the various sites mentioned to see if they look interesting to you. Also google reviews for each ... you'll find lots of reviews for them on Tripadvisor.

Here's the route that the tour takes, starting in Kahului..

Thanks for that link Susan-we are taking The Road to Hana Tour one day and the next day we are doing the Taste of Maui tour-I am happy to see that there is not a lot of repetition. When we return to Maui post cruise we are going to the Sheraton so we will get to see the Lahaina area so I think we will end up getting a real feeling for that island.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived