**My (Still Platinum) Western Liberty Review 11/16-11/23 With Pics**

cuted126

Hi!!!!! I’m back for another review! I am so blessed to have been able to cruise twice last year and this year! If you read my last review, you already know how close we were to missing our flight.....

HA......

….well wait till you hear this story lol.:eek::(:rolleyes:

For anyone who has not read any of my reviews, I am Nella, very soon to be 33 years old, super cruise lover. This was my 11th cruise. I usually cruise with my hubby annually to celebrate our anniversary. We did the eastern route on Liberty back in September. Read the review Here:D

Well, this year my mom wanted to celebrate her 51st birthday with a cruise (last year, we did Vegas woohoo) and she asked me to come along with her. This birthday cruise was my moms’ 6th cruise.

So on Friday Nov 15, I had car troubles. So I told my mom that she would have to come pick me up. She reluctantly said okay and reminded me over and over and over and over again to be ready so we could be on time. I told her I would be. Our flight was leaving from Norfolk which is about 1 hour and 15 minutes away. We were able to get a straight flight to and from Miami for a decent price! Okay, great!

Our flight was scheduled to leave at 6:20am so she said she would pick me up at 3:30am ::gasp:: I went to sleep around 2am and bounced right back up at 3am. I was cooked, but I was ready and on time. I sat in my living room, luggage in tow waiting and waiting. Of course, she had to be on her way, she had only reminded me 398,763 times to be up and ready.

I checked the clock it’s about 3:45am, what in the world?!?! At 3:50 she calls and says she is running late ::sideeye:: She overslept ::doublesideye:: and is on the way. People,listen to me when I say, she talked my head off about being timely and here she is running behind….I could’ve still been sleep too!:rolleyes:

Anyway, she arrives around 4:15 and I am was thinking to myself "we are pushing it really, really, close at this point". The good thing is, at this time of night/morning the traffic is light and the tunnel shouldn’t be congested. I felt that same feeling in my stomach as I felt in September...........

Hi!!!!! I’m back for another review! I am so blessed to have been able to cruise twice last year and this year! If you read my last review, you already know how close we were to missing our flight.....

HA......

….well wait till you hear this story lol.:eek::(:rolleyes:

Oh no, no wonder you enjoy your cruises so much, you earn them with all the pre-cruise stress. :eek:

So we are racing down the highway and my mom is freaking out saying things like “what happens if we missed the flight?” “I don’t think we going to make it.” She has me call American airlines, which was a disaster ::rollseyes:: After hanging up on a rude employee I called back and was told that it would be $75 dollars each to change our flight, but the only flight they had was at 6pm. OMG!

So, this makes my mom speed up. We get to the airport at 5:53am. Norfolk Airport is probably not as huge as it felt that day. We went down halls, up escalators, on people movers, and around corners. We breezed through TSA and got to the American Airlines kiosk. This flight did not allow me to do the pre check in beforehand. It really would’ve come in handy at this point.

The time is now 6:02, we enter our names into the kiosk and one pitiful slip comes out. The slip says UNFORTUNATELY, the time for check in on this flight has passed. My mom screams, you had to be there, it was dramatic as ever.:eek:

I showed the ticket to the lady behind the counter and she just shakes her head and says you missed the flight. “I say the flight is gone already, it’s not supposed to leave until 6:20” and she says but you have to check in 30 minutes prior. All I can say is that I am glad that I checked in previously on that September flight.

So my mom walks away and finds a bathroom and I stand there. The lady gets her co-worker and she says she will try to help. She tells me that the next flight to Miami is at 6pm…..the same time the other lady told me. All I could think was “I guess we are headed back to Richmond” Then she says we can send you to Dallas and that flight will arrive at 2:50pm. Okay, we will take that” I say.

BUT new problem, the ship has its latest check in time for 3:00pm. It was only 6:05am at this point and the day had been chaotic as ever already.

So, we waited for our new flight time which was 6:50 to go to Dallas. You know what, connecting flights are weird. We had to fly from the east coast to Texas, just to go back to the east coast. My mom was continuously fussing with herself about being late and I just kept telling her to be happy that we were on our way despite all that had happened. The lady didn’t even charge us for changing the tickets, so I was a happy lady because I am on a budget.

We boarded the flight to Dallas and compared to our straight to MIA flight, it was long….almost 3 hours long smh. Our layover time was about 50 minutes. I told my mom to call the that Carnival number on the paper that says “Running Late” and she told them that we would make it to the ship around 3:15pm. They said okay, you have to be here before 3:30, if not you cannot check in. so we were still on pins and needles.

Our flight was on time and we were only in the Dallas airport long enough to get comfortable before we were called to board. We did not get to sit by each other, but hey we were on the flight and hopefully on our way to board the Liberty. Our flight was boarding early and the pilot said we would be in Miami at 2:15 versus 2:50. PERFECT!!!!! Things were looking up!!

WELL the “Don’t fly in the Day of Gods” were really picking with us. We moved down the runway a bit and then we sat there for 28 whole minutes. :eek:I just needed a nice stiff drink at this point. When we finally took off, I knew that we weren’t going to make on time and not only that, but I was sitting beside the funkiest passenger, this side of the Atlantic. Either I went to sleep or I fainted from the funk, but when I woke up, we were in Miami and it was about 2:54.

We were so nervous because we needed to still get a cab and get to the port. We hauled through the airport and finally found a cab and told the guy we wanted to go the port and he says “I will get you to the port on time, but I don’t know if yall are going to be able to check in.”

So, so close, but yet so far.

Oh boy...can't wait to hear the story!! Looking forward to your Western Liberty review, really enjoyed your Eastern review :)

I second that! :D

This story is a hot mess! Next year, I hope to be able to fly in the day before!

Well don't leave us hanging! What happened next?
Lol, sorry I've been super busy with finals and working overtime!

Very interesting start. I can't wait to read the rest. :)
Thanks! I have a little more posted. Keep reading :)

Anxiously waiting for the rest. We were on the Liberty back in May! This will take me back and make me miss the Liberty greatly.
I do miss the Liberty too!!!! I had a great time both times!

Yay! Loved your last review. If all goes well on the Dream this Spring Break, we'll be taking our kids on the Liberty for Spring Break during the next school year.

Cool, I am looking at the Dream or Breeze for our next cruise! I just really want to try a new class of ship! We shall see! Glad you liked my last review! I am going to try and get a decent amount done over my next two days off!

Looking forward to your pic review. Love reviews with big pics.
Thank you! My pics will be a little smaller this time because photo bucket hates me. I had to use shutterfly instead.

Loving the review so far, can't wait to read more!
Thank you! More coming up!

Wow :eek: I probably would have burst into tears at the airline desk, can't wait to hear how it worked out!
My mom almost did! It was a surreal moment. Keep reading!:)

WOW!!!

Loved your last review......looking forward to hearing the rest of this adventure!!

Thank you! When I tell you that morning was a mess, it was a mess. I never, ever, want to fly out the day of again!!!