What is Cococay Beach Like?

I'll be taking my first cruise next year. The Ports of Call are Cococay, Bahamas; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas and Philipsburg, St. Maarten.

I haven't been able to find any info on Cococay. Can some please tell me where the best beach is if you just want blue water, white sand and relaxation?

I'm not looking for lots of activities & don't want to travel too far to get there.

Also, if Cocoay is Royal Caribbean's own island, do they offer anything for free?

Thanks!! :confused:

Cruiser1

Curious1 .... You're going to LOVE CoCoCay!!! :)

As far as expenses go, think of it as being on the ship. The food from the buffet is free. Naturally, you pay for bar drinks which can be put on your card (same as on the ship). There are some vendor stands with t-shirts, etc. so you'll want to take a bit of cash just in case.

The water is totally clear and wonderful. (Take water shoes for a few rocks.) Lots of places to be there you are quite alone or you can join in with the fun at the main section of the beach area!

From the ship you are a quick (no cost) tender trip away! As long as the weather is good, you can certainly expect to have GREAT time at CoCoCay!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

I'll be taking my first cruise next year. The Ports of Call are Cococay, Bahamas; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas and Philipsburg, St. Maarten.

I haven't been able to find any info on Cococay. Can some please tell me where the best beach is if you just want blue water, white sand and relaxation?

I'm not looking for lots of activities & don't want to travel too far to get there.

Also, if Cocoay is Royal Caribbean's own island, do they offer anything for free?

Thanks!! :confused:

Cruiser1

Curious

If you are interested I have a map of Cococay that someone sent me earlier...

If you give me your e-mail address, I can send it to you...

Thank you to all the responded to my question about Cococay!! I will definitely check it out not to mention the Coco Loco! :D

You've been a great help. Any other tips you have to offer to a first time cruiser please let me know!

Curious1

......we'll be there TWICE in December (well, I guess it's really once in December and once in January :D). Here's a snippet I took from the thread that JerseyGirl so kindly posted:

Hint: If you want a nice spot, get on an early shuttle boat, and immediately walk to the far end of the island. You can pick your own private spot, get a good hammock, and explore without crowds. If you are the only ship at Coco Cay, this makes for a less crowded day. You do not need a map for Coco Cay. Everything is within about a mile radius and you can't get lost, but if you have small children, you need to keep an eye on them, because a mile radius is still quite a bit of territory.
Now, when we were at Labadee, we missed lunch, because we lost track of the time and weren't hanging out near the central lunch place. Is this likely to happen on Coco Cay, if we go to the far beach to find peace, quiet and hammocks, or do they ring some sort of dinner bell? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello

Yes coco loco is a very good drink made on the Island as far as your question about resturants there is no resturants there but the ship will have a BBQ there and this is free it will start I belive around 11 till 3. Ribs, BBq chicken hambugars hot dogs ,salads, deserts, everything and its actually pretty good and it is free the drinks there is a charge the coco loco is a frozen drink with rum it is Great have a great day James

Wow. Are all the liquor drinks free on Coco Cay? Or is it just the Coco Loco? Thanks

Liquor drinks ARE NOT FREE. None, nada zip. The drinks that are free on the ship are free on COCO Cay, All liquor drinks are charged to your sea pass card just like on the ship

Archived