Live from Voyager of the seas - ask away!

Well I have read many of the recent reviews about Voyager and was a bit worried about our 16 night trip.

We have been on board now for 7 days, lots of changes on the ship.....,feel free to ask anything so I can try to reply or get some photos for you.....

Hope you are having a great cruise. Have you enjoyed the Ice rink show as yet? I thought it was wonderful.

If you dine Anytime (My time) dining try and get Grace, she is just wonderful. Also if you have C&A status, say hi to Dewa for me in the Diamond lounge

Sorry we are not in an inside room. Regardless all the TVs are configured so you can't plug anything into them. Best bets are iPads and iPods that don't need plugging in, plus you can take them anywhere.....sorry I can't be more helpful

Edited by OzKruser

Does the ship feel crowded with the additional rooms and no extra staff. Have purchased the drinks package, do you think its worth it? Ae you getting of in Fremantle. We are boarding there. Have a JS booked on Deck 10, so excited. Food good? Whats the internet like?

Thanks

Tycho Cat

Sorry one more question.

Day 1 do you know if any of the speciality restaurants are open? Giovannis in particular

Windjamer and any others open?

Just deciding whether to have lunch on Fremantle or on board.

Thanks

Tycho Cat

Food is still good enough. Ship does not feel much more overcrowded than last time we were on board before the refurb. We bought the unlimited internet package for $299, two devices. Still slow but don't have to worry about the minutes. We did not purchase the drinks package, it is not worth it for us. We just don't drink enough.

Do the cabins have a DVD player and can you borrow or rent movies to watch in your cabin? I've done this on other cruise lines.

I am expecting to spend quite a bit of time in our cabin (an aft balcony cabin on deck 9) as I am concerned about the (many) reports of overcrowding on this ship and have even have thought about cancelling our booking. I've been on about a dozen cruises before but never on a ship as large as this one.

I love cruising and expect some crowding on a cruise ship but don't really want to spend my entire holiday queueing up or constantly jostling for a seat in the buffet or bars or on deck. I'd be interested in your observations about your experiences on the Voyager.

Thank you very much for your advice and information.

Regular cabins don't have DVD players. Suites do but they only play region 1 and you can borrow DVDs from the suites concierge.

Regardless we brought a laptop and watch movies on that In our suite. We like somewhere quiet to come back to out if the crowds s d this works well for us.

Our cruise is not over crowded but I hear it was not at capacity.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. Just wondering if they had theme nights. When I called RCI they said there would be a toga, 70 & 80s and masquerade party so i have packed according to what they said.

I have now read somewhere that they dont have themed nights anymore so im a bit confused. We fly out tomorrow morning so I want to find out before we leave and cant call RCI as its the weekend.

Hoping you or someone can help.

Thanks Tycho Cat. do people get involved in these nights. We are on the cruise after you leaving from Singapore. I don't want to take extra stuff if no one gets into it. Also wondering what the My Time Dining experience is like if you are doing it. Ive heard there can be long wait times.

White night was good, most people wore white and there was a great party. The other 2 themes we didn't dress up and we ate in speciality restaurants. WE are on my time, my advice would be to eat in a speciality on the first night as the dining room was chaos, we had dinner in Giovannis and it was the perfect start to our holiday. There can be long waits, so we asked for the same table every night at 715 but wasn't able to get it until 7.45. Walks in seemed to do better.

Great tip. I will book Azumi for the first night. We are a group of 6 so it may be hard to get a table for My Time Dining. I have been trying to book online for ages but it only became available a couple of days ago and I missed it. Cant book now as we are under 4 days from sailing. Where did you go to make your MTD booking. This is my first cruise so a real newbie.

Are you enjoying the cruise? Any tips? Are the activities good? How expensive is the internet? I would like to do a live feed also but I believe the wifi is really expensive.

We were going to do the Perth / Singapore cruise but wanted to see more of the Asian ports.

Izumi is fantastic food. Go to deck 5 on day 1 and book the table, let them know when you are doing speciality restaurants. They will look after you well. This is our 5th cruise, we love it. Most of the shows are great. Internet very expensive and slow. Staff wonderful. Hope this helps. We love room service for breakfast on our balcony. What deck and room type do you have?