Experiences with Aquanauts club?

mtm103

Hi all

Booked our cruise on the Allure (myself, husband and will be 4 year old son), was wondering if any posters here have a child in the aquanauts age of 3-5 and could give me an idea of how their little ones liked the club? We have done Disney before a few months ago, my son liked the club (he went for 1/2 hours twice during our cruise), but didn't really love it but I think this has more to do with the fact the age range is wider and goes up to around 11. I felt really bad putting him in the club, but he does go to pre-school and loves it.

Thanks for any input!

My 4 year old was on NAV in February and LOVED it - she had the best time ever! She also goes to daycare/preschool at home and was excited to go to her very own camp at sea! (Before departing home we had talked it up as well as a camp (not daycare/school etc) just for kids - she can be shy but was well prepared from the home discussions and the staff was really welcoming!)

She made so many friends - every time we were walking around the ship or at dinner we would encounter others from her class and they all chatted up a storm!

She wanted to be dropped off the minute they opened and not picked up until it was closing time! They did 6-9 activities every session (morning etc) and it usually included a craft that either decorated the Aquanauts room or was taken to our stateroom, active play, books/reading, singing, a circle time game and a science-y activity...x3 times/sessions a day! She was in heaven! :)

Hope that helps - not the Allure but hopefully still helpful! And hope your DS has as much fun as my daughter!!

My 4 year old was on NAV in February and LOVED it - she had the best time ever! She also goes to daycare/preschool at home and was excited to go to her very own camp at sea! (Before departing home we had talked it up as well as a camp (not daycare/school etc) just for kids - she can be shy but was well prepared from the home discussions and the staff was really welcoming!)

She made so many friends - every time we were walking around the ship or at dinner we would encounter others from her class and they all chatted up a storm!

She wanted to be dropped off the minute they opened and not picked up until it was closing time! They did 6-9 activities every session (morning etc) and it usually included a craft that either decorated the Aquanauts room or was taken to our stateroom, active play, books/reading, singing, a circle time game and a science-y activity...x3 times/sessions a day! She was in heaven! :)

Hope that helps - not the Allure but hopefully still helpful! And hope your DS has as much fun as my daughter!!

Hi

Thanks so much for replying, that does put my mind at ease a bit, my son loves being with other children the same age as him but gets very intimidated by older children. I think that is what we found in the Disney Cruise where they allow 3 to 11 in the same room. I just want to make sure he has some fun time too!

Thank you!

My kids love Adventure Ocean. My youngest has been participating in Aquanauts since she was 3, has been on there on 4 cruises on 3 different ships. She'd rather be there than anywhere else on the ship. The staff does a great job.

They keep the age groups separate for a reason, and it helps a lot.

Haven't been on allure but my 4 and 5 year old loved the "kids club" on independence. Begged to go every night and if we came early they begged for us to go away and come back later. When we arrived the kids were always engaged and having a blast with various activities. Definitely not passive babysitting service but organized programing.

I think that having a dedicated room with age appropriate things for ages 3-5 is not very intimidating especially for kids already okay with separation from mom/dad....

On the NAV, the parents of 3 year olds that might have had a potty accident or be cranky got pagers incase they needed them. They offered them to older kids parents if they were concerned about needing them. Not sure how this would work on Allure though...

Sometimes the 6-8 and 9-11 year olds were combined - but the room was huge and I didn't find any parents that said their kids complained about the larger group...