Exact times of port visits?

wobblybob74

Hello all,

We're on Ventura in just less than two weeks. Does anybody know where I can find details of the exact times that the ship will dock and leave the ports of call please? At the moment, the cruise personaliser is only showing "early morning", "early evening" or, in one spectacularly unhelpful case, "afternoon".

Cheers in advance,

Rob.

Hello all,

We're on Ventura in just less than two weeks. Does anybody know where I can find details of the exact times that the ship will dock and leave the ports of call please? At the moment, the cruise personaliser is only showing "early morning", "early evening" or, in one spectacularly unhelpful case, "afternoon".

Cheers in advance,

Rob.

This link will give you port times also other ships in port which can be helpful when planning and getting a feel of the pressure on the tourist infrastructure on the day of your visit. If it's the Canaries cruise you're on, you're lucky as you appear to be the only ship in port each day!

http://ships.cruisett.com/schedule/PO_Cruises/Ventura/June_2015/

When the information is 'out there' it annoys me that P&O keep passengers in the dark about this as it makes planning for independent travellers more difficult.

Edited by kruzseeka

This link will give you port times also other ships in port which can be helpful when planning and getting a feel of the pressure on the tourist infrastructure on the day of your visit. If it's the Canaries cruise you're on, you're lucky as you appear to be the only ship in port each day!

http://ships.cruisett.com/schedule/PO_Cruises/Ventura/June_2015/

When the information is 'out there' it annoys me that P&O keep passengers in the dark about this as it makes planning for independent travellers more difficult.

Thanks for that, kruzseeka!

Yes, it is very annoying. I'm trying to book hire cars in a couple of the ports and not knowing the exact time we're going to have to be back at the ship is making it very tricky.

Good to know that it looks like we're going to have most of the ports to ourselves. Friends who know Funchal very well tell us that it can get quite unbearable if there is more than one large ship in.

P and O are the only cruise line I have sailed with who do not give actual port times. Why is it such a secret? Is it to try to ensure people book their ship tours and don't try to save money by booking their own? I am sure it frustrated a log of people.

Thanks for that, kruzseeka!

Yes, it is very annoying. I'm trying to book hire cars in a couple of the ports and not knowing the exact time we're going to have to be back at the ship is making it very tricky.

Good to know that it looks like we're going to have most of the ports to ourselves. Friends who know Funchal very well tell us that it can get quite unbearable if there is more than one large ship in.

It is annoying and has happened to us many times with private tours and car hire. The cruisett website is an excellent resource but not totally accurate, we had a few times in the caribbean where the ship has left earlier than the cruisett website time. I think that cruisett publish the time that P&O have booked the berth for rather than the exact times of arrival and departure. Another good resource used to be the document that P&O had on their website about 'dress codes' that used to contain the planned port times but I'm not sure if that is still the case. Maybe someone can confirm this.

bee-ess, I think they took the port time info. off the dress codes within the last year or so, presumably because they got wise to the fact that pax were using it as a guide for excursion planning when P&O failed to provide specific times on cruise itineraries.

Quite childish really, on P&O's part and one of those little things that is driving away formerly loyal customers, if these boards are anything to go by.

bee-ess, I think they took the port time info. off the dress codes within the last year or so, presumably because they got wise to the fact that pax were using it as a guide for excursion planning when P&O failed to provide specific times on cruise itineraries.

Quite childish really, on P&O's part and one of those little things that is driving away formerly loyal customers, if these boards are anything to go by.

Totally agree, We only go P&O now if the 'price is right'.

P&O don't want you to know what times you are in port because when you find out a full day in port is 9am to 4.30pm just 7.5 hours you'll probably book a cruise with another company, who will give you more time in port to do your own excursions..

Most of the larger ports also have their own websites that give timings too wobblybob. Just search for "port of xxxxxx". Many are available in English and some have useful information about the port.