Cruising with an Infant

DreaminofOz

When cruising with an infant, does Carnival have cribs that they can set up in your cabin, or do you need to bring a Pack n Play? The baby would be 11 months old a the time of the cruise.

They will automatically provide a crib for any babies 2 and under. It was in our cabin when we boarded just as our PVP had advised.

We were in a balcony cabin and found that it took up a lot of room. With the crib and a stroller, it made our couch unusable. We had to ask our cabin steward on the first day to remove the coffee table and chair.

On my last cruise, we did not have the pack n play in the room as was described by my PVP when I booked with her. When booking, I was told I would get a pack n play, and they even offered to have a high chair placed in the room. I got neither.

It ended up being no big deal to us though. I ended up sleeping on the sofa made up as a bed, and my wife slept with our toddler in the bed. From what I have heard, it was probably better as far as floor space in the room.

On my last cruise, we did not have the pack n play in the room as was described by my PVP when I booked with her. When booking, I was told I would get a pack n play, and they even offered to have a high chair placed in the room. I got neither.

It ended up being no big deal to us though. I ended up sleeping on the sofa made up as a bed, and my wife slept with our toddler in the bed. From what I have heard, it was probably better as far as floor space in the room.

Space wise, you did do better.

What was in our cabin was a real crib. A small one though.

Our lo was 2 when we first took her, there wasn't a crib in our room. She was climbing out by that age, so I just asked for the crib mattress (really a thin pad) and made a pallet on the floor. We brought her blanket, bedtime story and lovey from home. It worked out good.

If the crib isn't there just make the request right away from your room attendant, so you're sure to get one.

Thanks for the quick responses. I actually hope that I don't have to take him. I had to to take emergency placement of my grandson. I am hoping that his mother does what is needed to be able to get him back.

I would much rather put the money I would need to spend to take him with me to Alaska toward a trip to Disney or something like that when he is actually old enough to remember it:)

Edited by DreaminofOz

Thanks for the quick responses. I actually hope that I don't have to take him. I had to to take emergency placement of my grandson. I am hoping that his mother does what is needed to be able to get him back.

I would much rather put the money I would need to spend to take him with me to Alaska toward a trip to Disney or something like that when he is actually old enough to remember it:)

Hope everything works out for you. It's hard taking an 11 month old with you, especially on an Alaskan cruise.

When we had our 13 month old grand daughter, it was because we wanted her parents to enjoy the cruise without worrying about her. So we had her most of the time. It's a good thing we cruise a lot and did not mind missing out on one cruise. We did not get to do a lot of things on the ship or ports that we normally do. It was a completely different schedule having a young child. Early to bed and could not see any shows at all.

Having said that, we did enjoy having her with us and I think she really enjoyed it too. Her parents did not have to worry about leaving her behind to go on a cruise.

We have brought a small blow up bed with sides that uses a standard crib sheet. It is perfect for a toddler or young child. We just turned it up on its end against the wall when not in use. Bought it off Amazon.