Southampton to Heathrow

spunks

Can anyone recommend a car service to take us from Southampton to Heathrow after our cruise.....thanks, Annie

Annie, there are several companies including smithsforairports and aquacars.co.uk plus some others that folks will mention. We used aquacars who are locally based in Portsmouth. Met us at the ship and took us to a Heathrow hotel. Very good service. Price was GBP75. Worth a look. Good luck...

Thanks Crown Vic.....are you still playing trivia?......we've needed you and that pretty red headed wife of yours on several occasions ~ but, alas ~ no show.....Annie

Yup! We're still tryin'. Dr. Pepper says 'howdy'. Will e-mail soon...

We have a 11:40 am flight @ LHR so it's enough time from Southampton cruise port? We have 8 people and plan to use private transportation.

Bob

Hi Bob,

What date?

More importantly what day-of-the-week?

Is it the flight back to your side of the pond?

And is there a later same--day flight?

JB :)

Hi Bob,

What date?

More importantly what day-of-the-week?

Is it the flight back to your side of the pond?

And is there a later same--day flight?

We are leaving on Sunday 5/22/16 to Texas, the 11:40 am work better for my daughter with stop over in IAH before to SAN. There is a 1:40 pm flight also.

Thanks,

Bob:)

We are leaving on Sunday 5/22/16 to Texas, the 11:40 am work better for my daughter with stop over in IAH before to SAN. There is a 1:40 pm flight also.

Thanks,

Bob:)

Joy of joys. ......... it's a sunday :)

(and it's not a long holiday weekend)

On a sunday, excluding something drastic such as a motorway closure, journey time to Heathrow will be less than 90 minutes.

Latest airport check-in will be an hour or less before your flight, but ideally you need to check-in by 9.40 in case of any hold-ups through security, etc.

First assisted disembarkation is around 7.30. You should have no problem asking to be re-assigned to first disembarkation due to your onward travel arrangements.

You'll be away about 7.45 and at Heathrow by 9.15.

I'd be inclined to play safe and go for unassisted disembarkation, that's about 7am, and have a car booked for 7.15.

Not only does that give you an extra half-hour in case of a delay en-route, but it also avoids complications / lines / crowds to collect bags (can be a bun-fight) or a hold-up at immigration.

Your timing is too tight to rely on public transport or ship's coaches.

The private transfer operators mentioned by Vic are both based at the Southampton end, both are reputable & reliable long-established operators.

Joy of joys. ......... it's a sunday :)

(and it's not a long holiday weekend)

On a sunday, excluding something drastic such as a motorway closure, journey time to Heathrow will be less than 90 minutes.

Latest airport check-in will be an hour or less before your flight, but ideally you need to check-in by 9.40 in case of any hold-ups through security, etc.

First assisted disembarkation is around 7.30. You should have no problem asking to be re-assigned to first disembarkation due to your onward travel arrangements.

You'll be away about 7.45 and at Heathrow by 9.15.

I'd be inclined to play safe and go for unassisted disembarkation, that's about 7am, and have a car booked for 7.15.

Not only does that give you an extra half-hour in case of a delay en-route, but it also avoids complications / lines / crowds to collect bags (can be a bun-fight) or a hold-up at immigration.

Your timing is too tight to rely on public transport or ship's coaches.

The private transfer operators mentioned by Vic are both based at the Southampton end, both are reputable & reliable long-established operators.

Thanks J.B., It's good to know that I can make it without too much problem. I already got my daughter free ticket (not quite with mileage + tax & fee) for that schedule.:)

Bob