Alcohol On The Jewel

HEIDI05

Don't know about the beer, DH did get Becks and they had Heineken, also Johnny Walker Red or Black and Tangueray Gin to mention a few. You could call just about any Vodka you want, of course you will pay a premium for the top brands, but they do serve them. I hope this answers your question. NMNita

Does anyone know if there's top shelf liquor? Do they have bass ale for beer? (It's my husbands favorite!) :)

Bass in bottles all bars. Draft Bass at the Maltings in Bar Central for sure. Most top shelf available including Johnny Blue $12, Crown Royal $5.75. Jack Daniels 5.75, Bombay Gin 5.50, Herradura Anejo Tequila 10.25, Remy XO 15.00, .......

They also had Guiness in the large draft cans, Harp, Becks, Sam Adams..

Any questions ?

Bass in bottles all bars. Draft Bass at the Maltings in Bar Central for sure. Most top shelf available including Johnny Blue $12, Crown Royal $5.75. Jack Daniels 5.75, Bombay Gin 5.50, Herradura Anejo Tequila 10.25, Remy XO 15.00, .......

They also had Guiness in the large draft cans, Harp, Becks, Sam Adams..

Any questions ?

Crowl royal, $5.75! That's a pretty good deal!

My introduction to Johnny Walker Blue came on our first cruise, the Star in 2002. Frankie was our "professor" at the Martini Clinic, and happened to mention it. It sold for $8 at the time, and a bottle went for $99. As a Dewars fan when drinking scotch, I just loved the JWB. Back home I found the same bottel selling for upwards of $200, and vowed to buy a bottle on my next cruise, which I did less than a year later, for $140 on the Dawn. I noted while walking along South Beach, the cafes were selling bottles for $399. On our last 3 cruises, incl. June on the Majesty, I believe the cost is now $125. I've since gotten a JW gift pack which incl. JWB, as well as a bottle of JWG (green), which at the time was not yet available in the States. I think I now prefer the green (cheaper) over the blue, still smooth, but maybe a little tastier for my "buds".

My introduction to Johnny Walker Blue came on our first cruise, the Star in 2002. Frankie was our "professor" at the Martini Clinic, and happened to mention it. It sold for $8 at the time, and a bottle went for $99. As a Dewars fan when drinking scotch, I just loved the JWB. Back home I found the same bottel selling for upwards of $200, and vowed to buy a bottle on my next cruise, which I did less than a year later, for $140 on the Dawn. I noted while walking along South Beach, the cafes were selling bottles for $399. On our last 3 cruises, incl. June on the Majesty, I believe the cost is now $125. I've since gotten a JW gift pack which incl. JWB, as well as a bottle of JWG (green), which at the time was not yet available in the States. I think I now prefer the green (cheaper) over the blue, still smooth, but maybe a little tastier for my "buds".

tom, I don't know if DH has even tried Blue or Green, I will have to inform him of this. He does like Black, but for the money can live with Red. Actually Dewers isn't one he cares for as much as JW> NMNita

• 1 month later...

The writer from Frommers says:

"With this ship, NCL has introduced something almost unheard of at sea: a well-stocked, fully functional, kick-ass beer bar that gives most landsmen's pubs a run for their money. Dubbed Maltings (for reasons we'll get to in a minute), it's a stylish room, with comfortable leather chairs, multiple flat-screen TVs tuned to sporting events, and a giant faux still for ambience. On each table are two menus: one for beer and another for whiskey. The beer menu features some out-and-out fantastic brews, such as Coopers Stout, Sam Adams Cream Stout, Samuel Smith's Nut Brown Ale, Pete's Wicked Honey Wheat, and, on draft, Murphy's Stout, Dos Equis, Bass, Stella Artois, and others. All told, there are 46 brews from which to choose, plus a small selection of meads and two non-alcoholic beers. Based on the results my thoroughly unscientific poll of the cruise industry's suds in 2004 (the results of which are viewable here), this list puts Maltings in the #1 position industry-wide for beer selection, beating out the former champ, Cunard's QM2, by about ten brands.

"

http://www.frommers.com/articles/3160.html

Yes, I'm as excited as you are. Haven't had Coopers in a while...Ill tell you how it is, sailing in T minus 10 days....

jcc

Archived