Driving to NYC for Breakaway

riddle

We are driving from Ohio to NYC for the Breakaway cruise this weekend. We had originally planned to try and use a hotel where we would leave the car in New Jersey to save parking fees. However, because we have 2 kids who fall under car seat rules, we decided to just stay somewhere an hours or so out in New Jersey and drive to Manhattan the morning of the cruise. Also, we need to get on the road early after debarkation and don't want to wait for a 10:30 shuttle to Jersey.

Can anyone recommend reasonable hotels about an hour or so out from Manhattan? We are 3-4 star type people. Thanks

If you're driving via I-80, I'd suggest looking for a hotel in the Parsippany area. There's a good selection of brand-name hotels, often with reduced room rates on weekends. Check on TripAdvisor for ratings and reviews of specific properties.

Yes please tell us what route you are taking. The hotel recommendations for I78 and the NJ Turnpike would be different.

Assuming you are driving north to Columbus and picking up I70 there and heading east you will need to take I70 to Breezewood Pa then stay on I76 (Pa Turnpike)...if you stay on I70 you will end up in Baltimore and no where near NJ or NYC.

Once you get to Carlisle PA you can either jump off the pike and go north on I81 to I78 east into the Newark area or you can stay on the Pa Turnpike all the way into Jersey (once you get to Valley Forge Pa stay on I276 (I76 goes into Philly).

Another option is to take I71 all the way to just west of Akron and jump on I76 east to the Youngstown area and get on I80. This will take you right across PA in right into NYC. (Plus there are no tolls, if that matters).