Sailaway

firstmate63

We are due to go on our first cruise this Monday. We are on early sitting for Dinner but would love to attend the Sailaway from Southampton. I gather it is difficult to do this when on early sitting, but do you think it is possible?

I am concerned about not having enough time to get ready for dinner.

How long does the muster drill last?

How long/approx. what time does QE leave Southampton?

How long does Sailaway last?

You'll have some time before your meal (last order at 6.30pm) If you really want to attend (goodness know why ;)) You could be dressed for the evening before the muster drill and attended the sail away which usually commences after the drill ( usually around 4.30/5pm.

Sailaway's on Cunard, weather permitting, are a bit of a damp squid ( unlike P&O) why not enjoy a leisurely pre dinner cocktail in the elegant surroundings of the Commodore Bar with glorious views of the sailaway and the solent. :)

Edited by Bell Boy

We are due to go on our first cruise this Monday. We are on early sitting for Dinner but would love to attend the Sailaway from Southampton. I gather it is difficult to do this when on early sitting, but do you think it is possible?

I am concerned about not having enough time to get ready for dinner.

How long does the muster drill last?

How long/approx. what time does QE leave Southampton?

How long does Sailaway last?

So there are 3 ships in port on Monday 24th and I can well understand your desire to be on deck for the sail away - if the scheduled times are as stated below you should be OK but timings are often not as the port schedule suggests.

Options:

1. You will be OK if she departs at 16:30

2. You could dine in the buffet OR

3. as we have done in the past - book the Verandah - it is a nice start to your voyage

Don't worry about missing the first night in Britannia - you've got another 13 to go!

whatever - have a great cruise

QUEEN ELIZABETH 24-Oct-16 16:30 Berth 106

SAGA SAPPHIRE 24-Oct-16 16:00 Berth 101

AIDAPRIMA 24-Oct-16 21:30 Berth 38/9

Sailaway's on Cunard, weather permitting, are a bit of a damp squid ( unlike P&O) why not enjoy a leisurely pre dinner cocktail in the elegant surroundings of the Commodore Bar with glorious views of the sailaway and the solent. :)

A very good suggestion. You'll have time to have a look around the ship before departure and you will see that Southampton isn't the prettiest of ports to depart from. Be up on deck for a sail away from warmer climes where there will be better sights.

You'll be spoilt doing your first cruise on Cunard. The ships are so elegant. Enjoy the cruise.