One cruise to another?

Sea and Me

I booked a cruise, thought this was the one for us! It is 14 days in Oct. on the Caribbean Princess. Okay, now we all know woman can change their minds. Today I received an email from Holland America with their "sale" event. Oh boy there is a cruise that sails on Oct. 31st that looks very nice.

Question I think I know but you people are the experts. Since I'm far from final payment I can cancel without penalty. The deposit is refundable. So if I want to cancel and book Holland America there wouldn't be a problem would there? I guess my TA would just put the deposit from one cruiseline to another. I have an email into them but thought I'd check with the experts first.

Thank you!

I booked a cruise, thought this was the one for us! It is 14 days in Oct. on the Caribbean Princess. Okay, now we all know woman can change their minds. Today I received an email from Holland America with their "sale" event. Oh boy there is a cruise that sails on Oct. 31st that looks very nice.

Question I think I know but you people are the experts. Since I'm far from final payment I can cancel without penalty. The deposit is refundable. So if I want to cancel and book Holland America there wouldn't be a problem would there? I guess my TA would just put the deposit from one cruiseline to another. I have an email into them but thought I'd check with the experts first.

Thank you!

As long as you're before your final payment date, any monies you've put on the Princess cruise should be refundable.

I don't think your TA can just "move" the deposit from one cruise line to another. Princess would have to refund the money. And then you can book the Holland America cruise. OR, you can just book the Holland America cruse (with new money for the deposit). and get the refund from Princess.

I sail Princess and HAL depending on the itinerary. If you've found a HAL cruise that's interesting to you and is at a price you're comfortable with, go for it. I would (and have.) You won't be able to transfer your deposit as Princess and HAL are completely separate. You could, if you want, put a deposit on both and make your decision which one to take at final payment.

I sail Princess and HAL depending on the itinerary. If you've found a HAL cruise that's interesting to you and is at a price you're comfortable with, go for it. I would (and have.) You won't be able to transfer your deposit as Princess and HAL are completely separate. You could, if you want, put a deposit on both and make your decision which one to take at final payment.

Great solution.