refrigerator on board?

rettchr2014

Yes, there is a 'fridge in all cabins.

It is small and usually full of soft drinks (like hotels, charged for if you consume them) leaving little room for anything you may have brought on board.

There is also an ice-bucket (and daily replenished ice), tongs and glasses supplied.

Talk to your steward and he/she may remove these items for storage elsewhere, or you may wish to simply empty the 'fridge and store the contents elsewhere in the cabin and replace in the fridge when you disembark (I'd still inform the cabin steward so he/she doesn't think you've drank the lot and then replenishes the 'fridge!).

Hope this helps, Bon Voyage :)

Yes, there is a 'fridge in all cabins.

It is small and usually full of soft drinks (like hotels, charged for if you consume them) leaving little room for anything you may have brought on board.

There is also an ice-bucket (and daily replenished ice), tongs and glasses supplied.

Talk to your steward and he/she may remove these items for storage elsewhere, or you may wish to simply empty the 'fridge and store the contents elsewhere in the cabin and replace in the fridge when you disembark (I'd still inform the cabin steward so he/she doesn't think you've drank the lot and then replenishes the 'fridge!).

Hope this helps, Bon Voyage :)

I have heard that the coffee in cabins us made from powder (instant). Is it possible

Bale to get a real coffee maker or bring one from home?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have heard that the coffee in cabins us made from powder (instant). Is it possible

Bale to get a real coffee maker or bring one from home?

As jburton59 has said above, you couldn't bring an electrical machine, but an individual "French Press"/"Cafetiere" would be fine (with a supply of ground coffee).

I avoid talking one in my luggage (for space and possible breakage reasons) however by using the free room-service facility, or using the in-cabin sachets; neither will kill me on the odd occasion I'll use them.

Hope this helps :) .

Edited by pepperrn

Pepper's response about the fridge is comprehensive. The only thing I would add is that I did follow the suggestion of removing the items to store and cool my own stuff (white wine brought on board) and replaced the Cunard items before I checked out, and had no problems and no charges.

We'll be taking a voyage on the QM2 next week. We are wondering if there is a refrigerator in the staterooms. We are in the regular stateroom, not the Grill or Queens suite.

Yes, all cabins have a fridge as Peppern has stated. If there was too much stuff, we would have the attendant remove it until the end of our trip. Frequently we'd purchase water/soft drinks ashore & put them in the cooler. We did like the Queens Grill for the fact everything in the cooler was "complimentary".