Visiting Boston on QM2

riviera1

When we visit Boston in September during our cruise on QM2. We plan to take a trolleybus tour.

If we book our tour through Cunard will there be a trolleybus dedicated to Cunard or will we have to join a queue for a trolleybus. We read that you can queue for up to an hour at busy times.

If anyone has done a Cunard organised trolleybus tour in Boston your comments would be appreciated.

We went later in the afternoon on July 4th last year and waited about 20 minutes. We did not do it through the ship, but at the kiosk down the street. It was cheaper doing it that way. I don't believe you will be on a dedicated trolley if you go through the ship.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thank you for your comments, Lanky Lad and LGNY Camper.

Decided not to pre-book. Will wait until we are on-board and see what is on offer at the Excursions Desk or wait until we are ashore where tour charges will be cheaper anyway.

We went later in the afternoon on July 4th last year and waited about 20 minutes. We did not do it through the ship, but at the kiosk down the street. It was cheaper doing it that way. I don't believe you will be on a dedicated trolley if you go through the ship.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Please allow me to correct you: or at least show what recently was the case...

35765070900_ced616ef1c_z.jpg

Note the notice on the front of the trolley Bus...

36116509246_c522671575_z.jpg

And just another Boston tip. If you are fancying the 'Duck Tours', which I highly recommend...

6914416832_778f96e958_z.jpg

...booking them in the morning is nye on impossible when there are 2 or more cruise ships in port.