Scholar Ship Study-at-Sea program

Hello all...

I just found out about the "Scholar Ship" program (with Royal Caribbean as a major sponsor) via a Royal Caribbean email. Apparently the 16-week study-at-sea program is using a Royal Caribbean ship.... any ideas which ship it could be?

Jeff

When were on the Vision a couple of weeks ago, they said they were in the running. The picture on the web site looks like a Celebrity ship. What an experience this would be, I wonder how much it will cost?

I thought this would be a neat experience for my daughter until I saw the cost. Almost $20,000!!!! I think this is for one semester and I doubt most courses wouldn't help her and she is already in a six year program.

We saw that on the web site. The courses look like fluffy communications and international business courses. I wonder if they transfer to 4 year universities in the United States. :rolleyes: I’m sure the students would have the time of their lives, but the price is pretty steep.

We saw that on the web site. The courses look like fluffy communications and international business courses. I wonder if they transfer to 4 year universities in the United States. :rolleyes: I’m sure the students would have the time of their lives, but the price is pretty steep.

Yes credits do transfer to your typical 4 year university. The price is quite a bit high and since they are only taking 700 students that means that they are just using part of the ship and that paying cruise passengers will also be aboard. If you ask me that is not a healthy learning environment.

I think the Semester at Sea program is way better. That program/company has the entire ship to themselves and is not a cruise, rather is a floating university that travels the world. They are a little bit cheaper as well. Check them out at http://www.semesteratsea.com

Archived