Carribean Princess

Addictedtothesea

Just got off her and all I can say is it was a great experience for my wife and I.We are seasoned travelers and accept the small short comings of the 1st cruise which is normal.Overall we enjoyed everything about the cruise including the ungratefull comments from people that found fault with everything they could.All I can say to those people were to have a open mind and look at the good things instead of the small meanial things they were moaning about. One woman couldnt beleive she had to wait in a line at the breakfast buffet, wow 4 people.Bet that held her up for a while.One idiot said he found 6 doors from the outside decks with no door handles for access into ship.Could it be they were emergency exits only from inside? Great ship,Great time,Open mind.........

Hooray for you it sounds like you know how to have a good time no matter what.

My wife and I are the same way.

We will be on the C P on 5/8 and cant wait to look for the Doors with No handels. I will bet you all the tea in China they were for Show Lounges or for some Non-Passenger area of the ship.

Tom M

Chandris Brittanis & Gallileo

Celebrity Zenith

Carnival Destiny

Dolphin IV,Dolphin Seabreeze Dolphin Oceanbreeze

RCCL Song of Norway & Explorer of the Seas

Grand Princess & Dawn Princes

<FONT color=blue size=4>Caribbean Princess here we come!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;8;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

hullamod.gif

<FONT color=blue size=4> UNTIL PURE RELAXATION ON THE ISLAND PRINCESS IN HAWAII!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;10;6;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

We have been on 10 cruises and had the time of our lives on all ten, while others seemed to suffer because someone wore jeans on formal night or there was a baby in the adult pool!! I feel real sorry for those folks!

Thanks so much for your positive comments and glad to hear you had a great time!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;6;5;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

on Caribbean Princess June 5, 2004

Larry

AddictedtotheSea: Thanks for your post and glad you had a great time. It gave me a few laughs, especially the one about the 6 doors with no handles. Don't you just love to sit and people watch. My husband and I are more layed back and try not to let the small stuff bother us.

Someone posted on another thread that in the Horizon Cafe there is no milk dispenser and half and half for coffee was hard to find. Is this true or is this just a 1st cruise clitch.

We are booked in an AFT BB Cabin. Do you have any input on these cabins. Also, there doesn't seem to be too many comments about the Big Screen Movies Under the Stars. Did you get a chance to do this and what are your comments if I may ask. icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=2325FF&cdt=2004;9;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 

until the Caribbean Princess

psusa,

DW and I will be able to fill you in on B751 soon... we are booked for 5/1. We will fill you in then if someone doesn't sooner.

Carnival Paradise 4/01 Western Caribbean

Carnival Paradise 3/02 Southern Caribbean

Coming Soon... Caribbean Princess 5/1/04

Hi - great ship & the clitches were just that clitches, most of which were already in the process of improving as the week went on...

the problem with the Half & half was that it was not marked, so people assumed it was milk...I asked for skim milk one day & the waiter ran to get it for me....the oj is in little glasses but there are little containers of milk readily available - as on all of the grand class the breakfast buffet is designed too tight and people get confused - one of the first mornings I saw about 40-50 people waiting on line on both buffets but I truely believe that was a function of not supply enough hot food quickly enough from the kitchen and I did not see that any other day - the 1 clitch that had not been solved by the end of the week is the toaster - the day they had a wait staff memeber continuously toating bread the line was gone but the corner the toaster is in is akward and instead of putting the bread in and stepping out of the way most people stand close and block others from progressing - it should be worked out soon though.

The pizza, burgers and late afternoon buffet were very good and afternoon tea in the dining room (3:30 - 4:30) was fabulous scones/jam, cookies. pastries, little sandwiches, etc continually coming, sorry we only got there once!

Most of the bartenders and waiters were limited - very few are experts on tropical drinks and were often confused when you asked for a frozen rum punch but were okay with a pina colada....Gregory from Jamaica is at the back pool bar (Blackbeards) or the bar on the deck above and he is a great bartender and Rob (I think from Romania) was a very good bar waiter (Princess Cays, poolside & Wheelhouse Bar)

The cruise was great and our group certainly made the most of our perfect weather and beautiful ship.

Doreen

igloo42

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>accept the small short comings of the 1st cruise which is normal <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In a perfect world I would sail with a ship full of passengers with your good attitude.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience and hopefully contagious demeanor.

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Carnival Victory 12/19/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

sue d. miller Re: aft pool on Carribean Princess

sue--this was our absolute favorite part of the ship. Every morning we ate breakfast out there--tables are few but we always snagged one. It didn't seem like too many people knew about this back area. They also have a place where you can sit on bar stools and eat if no tables are open--very nice set-up. This area is next to the Carib buffet dining and the first couple of mornings there were no hot foods, just cereals, fruit, pastries, etc. You can, of course, get coffee there. They must have realized they needed hot foods there in order to alleviate the crowding in the middle buffets because mid-week there was an attempt to put eggs and bacon at that back location. I'm sure they'll eventually have a full hot breakfast spread set up there.

The view was just simply gorgeous with a wide open expanse of the ocean. The pool is small and is sized more for dipping in and cooling off. The pool depth was mismarked as we found out when we stepped in! It says 4'ft 5" but is really something like 5'4". Definitely make this your "fun in the sun" location.

Robynear, I love you!!!!!!!! We were on the Golden in Oct. This was also our hideaway!!!!!! We had a cabin on aloha aft, and everything was right there. We booked and open booking on Golden, and decided to book the Carribean. Deck plans and guessing was they took the tables off the terrace because they added and enclosed the Caribe. Panic!! We immediatly switched to the Star for this Oct. Now that I know there are tables back there, I will consider the Carribean for the following year. The views and the quiet of the evening were phenomenal!!!! I don't think I could ever sail a ship without it.Thank you so very much for answering.

Sue

7 days on Star Princess 10/24

Yes it is true to a certain extent. It is open for normal dinner hours. I think it closed around 8PM. Somebody else correct me if I am wrong.

Until 4/3 Caribbean Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;4;3;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Caribbean Princess 4/3/04

Navigator of the Seas 8/03

Voyager of the Seas 6/01

Wow, nice to hear some postive feed-back, ? did you try having dinner on your balcony(from the main dinner menu) My travel agent was told by princess that you can do this, also is true there are no tables for 2 in PC or traditional dining.

any help is greatly appreciated.

Senation-98

Spirit-02

Legend-03

Legend-04

Rob and Tam and psupa,

I will report back after we sail. We have B750 on the 24th of April sailing. We are very excited and can't wait to sail. We have a completely open mind.

Barb and Ken

Carnival Fantasy 05/05/02

Carnival Conquest 01/12/03

Caribbean Princess 04/24/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;4;24;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

SueD... We had the same cabin location... but I was on the Grand. So far, it was my favourite cabin, just a few steps from the pool and the Horizon Court. I'd eat breakfast on the terrace evry morning. I noticed though that on the Caribbean, the Terrace is a a little less space than on the Grand Class. And I agree with CrusisLife. I need more info about that Horizon/Cafe Caribe. I know my husband would be crushed if he could not escape the formal night . ;o)

Drop by http://melkrooz.tripod.com for my cruise reviews.

Scoops Ice Cream shoppe...is that free? or charged?

Also, what sort of music system is in the balcony rooms....cds? or radio? or what?

RC Nordic Empress 1/92 Bahamas

RC Enchantment W Carib 1/01 Legend to Hawaii 3/03

Next:

Carib Princess E Carib 6/04

Archived