Fashion Icon - Women (who R U?) Men (Who'd U Date?)

Which Fashion Icon Are You? Or who would you date?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which Fashion Icon Are You? Or who would you date?

• Cher
    • Farrah Fawcett
    • Pam Grier
    • Audrey Hepburn
    • Katherine Hepburn
    • Madonna
    • Marilyn Monroe
    • Jackie Kennedy Onassis
    • Diana Ross
    • Twiggy

Okay fun time!

In honor of last night's episode of Project Runway...

When dressing for formal and casual evenings on a cruise (and at home)

Which Fashion Icon are you?

Who's style is most like yours (don't take personal life into consideration - this purely about fashion style)?

This is all about doing a modern update of these ladies style.

For men - which fashion icon would you date?

Now play nicely, no other choices, this is all they had to choose from last night, so choose the one that you could most fit.

Have fun!

CJW

Love your polls - wish I was as elegant as Audrey, but ended up picking Katharine (probably for the slacks - and Audrey had such a long beautiful neck that she dressed to either hide or enhance it - and the length of my neck is not swan like. Jan

Well, Jackie O is what I'd be closest to, I suppose, since I'm all about putting together the complete, polished look -- more tailored than not (but not quite as severe as Katherine Hepburn, who would've been my other choice). Jackie was always classic but also knew how to accessorize!

Several of the women you have on your poll I have adored for years, some I roll my eyes at and some I think are total fashion disasters. Unfortunately, the disaster has influenced fashion for close to 20 years now.

I voted Katherine Hepburn, I love her style and I would absolutely dress like her. Audrey Hepburn was a very close second, it was hard to decide.

Although, if you would have included Diane Keaton, she would have been my choice, hands down.

I didn't watch the episode of Project Runway (fell asleep, darn :rolleyes: ), so I'm going to catch a rerun of it as soon as I can. I did go to the site and see the winning garment. It wasn't my favorite, but I do like Michael a lot, so I'm happy he won, I suppose I should save my opinion until I actually see the show. The clothes take on a whole different look when you see them larger, as well as seeing the model move in it. My favorite designer (so far) on the show has been Laura, which surprises me, because I didn't like her at all in the season previews.

Do you have a picture we can relate to? (I mean, Madonna had SO MANY different styles and other celebrities listed had many styles too).

JP

I'm sorry, I too would need to see references. Unfortunately, I'm not really familiar, other than name recognition, with any of their "clothing styles". Except for, of course, Madonna and Cher and I'm not like either one. I don't want this to sound bad, but it's probably my age.

I can picture most of them, just not their overall styles. So, if I could pick someone from Hollywood today, I would have to relate to Jennifer Aniston.

When I was younger, Madonna was definitely the fashion icon I dressed most like (after all, I did graduate high school in 1987);)

However, I picked Jackie O now, although I'm really probably a combination of her, Katherine Hepburn, and Audrey Hepburn, depending on the situation. I think Jackie managed to always look lovely and pulled together whether she was dressed casually, or wearing a suit as first lady, and I try to do the same. (Unless of course, I'm just hanging around my house - then I'm probably more like missy elliot in her tracksuits:p )

Archived