Trip Insurance

lka1012

I've been warning about Trip Assured for years. What's unfortunate was that a major online cruise retailer which I won't name used them for years as their "preferred" travel insurance provider -- lord only knows how many clients they referred to this company.

This retailer is now referring clients to another company -- interestingly also located in little Crossville, TN -- which looks like a clone to Trip Assured. There's no mention of an underwriter, they never refer to themselves as an insurer, they say you're buying a "service contract" -- whatever that means -- and their online information is very vague about what form your reimbursement actually takes. I think instead of cash if you have to cancel you get some sort of future credit but I'm not really sure.

I think it stinks that a major travel agency cares so little about the welfare of their clients that it wouldn't look a little closer at what they're doing.

I've been warning about Trip Assured for years. What's unfortunate was that a major online cruise retailer which I won't name used them for years as their "preferred" travel insurance provider -- lord only knows how many clients they referred to this company.

This retailer is now referring clients to another company -- interestingly also located in little Crossville, TN -- which looks like a clone to Trip Assured. There's no mention of an underwriter, they never refer to themselves as an insurer, they say you're buying a "service contract" -- whatever that means -- and their online information is very vague about what form your reimbursement actually takes. I think instead of cash if you have to cancel you get some sort of future credit but I'm not really sure.

I think it stinks that a major travel agency cares so little about the welfare of their clients that it wouldn't look a little closer at what they're doing.

That's another good reason why one should never purchase Travel Insurance either through a Commercial Carrier or Travel Agent...:(

If you ever paid for there so called services you may now want to write the Attorney Generals Office ror TN as well the FTC http://www.FTC.Gov and US Attorney Generals Office so as to document the bad things which happened more.

It will help protect others as well help anyone which has been taken (IMHO) by this firm in TN.

Archived