self service laundry on jewel

cruisegal31

I don't think they have a self-serve laundry.

I think they did have an iron in the room.

Check ncl.com for more info

The Jewel has self service laundry on 4 decks. It is free but you have to purchase the detergent from the reception desk or bring your own. Each laundry room has an iron and ironing board. NMnita

Cruised on the Jewel in October, Repositioning for 16 days. Yes, they diffenately have laundry rooms, on just about every other floor. They also have irons & ironing boards located in the laundry room. It is often crowded, the best times of course are during the evening shows or when everyone is at shore. Sea days are very difficult to get in and the last day is the worse...No one wants to take home dirty clothes.

Try to bring your own soap from home. The soap dispensers are located in the laundry rooms also. The soap cost $.50 a small box but since the machines are really nice front loading machines, you can get 2 very large loads of clothes washed at one time.

Have a great time, try not to spend all your fun time washing clothes.

Irons are not allowed in the cabins...fire hazard.

There are self-laundrys on quite a few floors. All have pull down boards with irons.

" Irons are not allowed in the cabins... fire hazard ". This statement is not supported by any written evidence in any NCL guidelines! :( :(

I was on the Jewel last week. ( We also did laundry last year on the Jewel)

I did laundry last Tuesday.

On deck 10 the self serv laundry is right outside room 10082 on deck 10.

I believe there are similarly located ss laundries on decks 8, 9, 11.

Bring quarters as there is a vending machine on the wall in the deck 10 laundry that takes 4 quarters and issues a small box of detergent good for one load.

There are three washers and three dryers in the deck 10 laundry.

In addition, there are two fold down ironing boards as well as irons present in the deck 10 laundry.

" Irons are not allowed in the cabins... fire hazard ". This statement is not supported by any written evidence in any NCL guidelines!

Then NCL is the only United States marketed cruiseline that allows irons in cabins irrespective of potential fire harzards.

" Irons are not allowed in the cabins... fire hazard ". This statement is not supported by any written evidence in any NCL guidelines!

Then NCL is the only United States marketed cruiseline that allows irons in cabins irrespective of potential fire harzards.

It may not be written anywhere but it is a fact. No irons are allowed in the cabins. nmnita

Just bring a travel steamer, Downy Wrinkle Release, or steam up the bathroom..... Why would anyone want to bring their heavy, much more expensive iron from home without an ironing board? Are you willing to pay damages to the chair, couch, bed, or carpet? No, I didn't think so.......

• 4 weeks later...

Just a thought...Hs anyone ever brought a Dryel bag and one or two sheets to freshen up and de-wrinkle clothes that get crumpled in the suitcase? We always bring a travel steamer and steam usually everyday. Seems like taking 30 min. to an hour after getting your luggage to dewrinkle the worst of it in a Dryel bag would be more efficient. What do ya' think?

Shelly

Archived