Sun Stateroom for 3

marysb

We are booking a cabin for us and our 9 year old son. Most of the staterooms for 3 have a convertable sofa.

I am wondering if we would have more space if we got a room with a pullman bunk bed (more floor space and we would still have access to the small couch? Any comments??

Which cabin category are you looking at? I'm not sure how many of the Sun's cabins have the pullman beds. I know our BA balcony didn't, and we had 4 of us in there -- our two kids sleeping on the couch. It worked fine, but it does make the room a little crowded.

We had a mini-suite (AF) on the Star and it was perfect. My two kids (teens) each had a twin bed and I slept on the fold-out sofa. I know a lot of people here warned that the beds were hard as rocks, and they were very firm, but we had no complaints.

I don't know if you are interested in an inside, but we were in Sun inside stateroom #10114 (10th deck) this past Feb. It had a large bed, a couch, and a pullman bed above the couch. The room actually had quite a lot of space. There was room to walk around both sides of the bed. The side where the bed and pullman were actually in a little section indented into the wall. I am figuring this stateroom is set up to sleep more than 3, but it is worth a try. Here's a few pics.

DSC01248.jpg.358f7d0996b43a824fe4246efe38fd94.jpg

DSC01247.jpg.158a1306c13b757a14a8729711d3b86b.jpg

DSC01249.jpg.049eb6ce850a11bf2a90cf44b557c347.jpg

Archived