Royal Suites on Century

jettman

Hi

We are sailing out of Barcelona on 9/21 in a royal suite, which is quite a treat for us. It's our wedding anniversary, so it will be our first time to sail in such luxury. We would love to hear what you think of the royal suites on Century. Were they re-done as part of the re-fit? What is your favorite feature of the suite? Is there a refrigerator? DVD player? CD player?

Thanks!

Century RS... my favorite cabins!!! Let's see... I like having a dressing table (makeup lights/mirror) in the HUGE walk-in closet, I like having a separate toilet stall in the bathroom, I like that it has a shower AND a tub/shower (very handy when you have a family getting ready for formal night), I like the large dining table, I like all the storage outside of the bedroom, I like the mirror and table by the door (for my keycard/purse and for one last mirror check before leaving the cabin), I like the lighted art display cases, I like the tv/sound system, and I like that the lighting is on separate switches (can dim lights individually, turn them on/off individually... not always the case in some cabins). If I had ONE complaint about this cabin it would be the verandah. It's long... but narrow... and you don't get much sun since it's fully covered by the deck overhang above.

Yes, there is a small hotel room size fridge. Ask the butler to remove the items in it so you can use it. Yes, there is a DVD/CD player. Bring extra speaker wire if you want to have music on the verandah. ;) The bulter can get you movies and sometimes, even music CDs.

Suggestions:

If you don't like the appetizers they bring at night, ask for something else... nuts, chips, shrimp, sushi. You can also ask him to leave "tea time" goodies if you're not in your suite when he comes around at 4PM. We just asked him to leave an assortment of finger sandwiches and something chocolate. :) Have dinner at least once in your cabin... just let the butler know early which night you want to do this. He will take your order from the dining room menu and serve dinner to you, course by course, in your suite. We like to do this on the last night... a relaxing way to end the cruise. Oh... and ask him to bring you the daily menus from the dining room. We do this so we can plan the best nights for casual dining if we feel like it.

Hope this helps,

MECruzr

Just to pick up on MEcruzr's point above about the Century RS verandahs, when they did the refurb and "hung" the CC balconies on the deck below they extended the RS balconies outward so there is no longer the overhang and the balconies are twice the size they were. There is a picture of part of the balcony in the picture link in my signature line. Really nice cabins, made even better by this extension.

Phil

We too are Royal Suite fans of the Century! We've had them twice and are booked in one for April. We had the penthouse the last time, and are going back to the Royal this time without regret! It is just the perfect room for our family of three now cruising! It spoiled us for other lines, I'm afraid!

As Phil mentioned, the balconies now should be fantastic with the extra depth! Thanks Phil for the pic. I had looked at it before booking our last trip because I was concerned the extension was going to mess things up for the Royals. Thankfully, it wasn't a problem since it is complete now!

Our last butler was "Keith" and he is now our favorite! Ashwin was also great as was Lawrence. I haven't heard of a bad one, actually! As Mecruiser mentioned, don't be afraid to let your butler know of your desires! They will try to accomodate you!

Have a wonderful time! Barcelona is amazing!

Oh, back to your question....EVERYTHING! But the lighting and beautiful wood made the atmosphere really romantic and inviting! ;)

....Bring extra speaker wire if you want to have music on the verandah. ;)

Many good suggestions from MEcruzr, but that wasn't one of them. Verandahs are not really private spaces, since sounds, aromas, etc. travel from one verandah to another with great ease, making what might be pleasurable for one person uncomfortable or even agony for another.

Music is a very personal choice. Please keep personal music in the cabin, not out on the verandah.

Wow!! How exciting. My husband and I love the Sky Suites and as bad as it sounds, we were kind of regretting the royal suite because of the balcony. Now, we are soooo excited to hear the news of the extension and the pictures are awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!

We really enjoyed our RS on Century a couple of years ago and found there to be plenty of room/privacy for a party of 4. Loved the dressing room and our butler Eduardo was fabulous.

This time we are looking at a SS on the Century and I'm getting conflicting info from Celebrity on the balcony sizes on the Penthouse deck. The representative first told me that none of the balconies were extended on this deck. When I referenced the RS pics I saw in this thread she then suggested that only the RS was extended but the SS remained the same. Does anyone who was recently onboard Century have pics of the Penthouse deck SS or can tell me what they saw? I'm hesitating to book on the Sports deck because my daughter is more prone to seasickness and she did very well on the Penthouse deck the last time. Thanks to all who can provide any insight.

Archived