The Little Prince River Cruise under Smartours

LewiLewi

• 5 years later...

We have always wanted to take a riverboat cruise and this was the area where we were interested. The price was so reasonable, almost too good to be true. But it was a fantastic trip. There were app. 90 cabins, half Norwegians the other other half a blend of Americans and Canadians. There was much included in the cruise & it was all very good. The food was excellent. We enjoyed every minute. There were a few optional tours and we did nearly all of them. There was one to the Hapsburg Castle in Vienna, but I had a map and we walked and took the subway to it. Another was to some rock formations, where I can't remember, but we walked around the town instead. Since we used 5 different currencies on the cruise, we bought wine and invited "new" friends over for a pre-dinner glass of wine. You can bring wine on the riverboat & drink it in your room.

Whatever else we had left of foreign currency, we left as an exta tip for the maid.

Since this is a small boat, everyone got to be good friends. By the end of the cruise, we were using 2 bedrooms & the hall for the pre-dinner wine. Everyone was buying wine or snacks & there were 25, maybe 30 all getting together. Best bonding trip ever. There was always someone to take our photo.

I really recommend this cruise. We have taken Smartours vacations previously, they are great. I think everyone on the riverboat from U.S.A. & Canada were repeat customers. The cruise was so much fun, I'd love to go again.

Archived