Meherio - best place for black pearls?

Pammie poo

We leave tomorrow for Moorea for 4 days then onto Tahiti to catch a cruise on Princess....

Are you able to guide me to the best place to purchase a nice black pearl ring...nothing big just simple with some small diamonds maybe?

thanks in advance

Ia orana

The one question with a thousand answers....Ask a 1000 people, you will get a 1000 respond.

I have favored :" Kerebel Black pearl " on Moorea on the motu Temae.

take the public beach crushed coral road after the view point of the Sofitel and the Airport road, follow the wood signs, pass the public beach et voila. Magical place with the sound of the ocean on the only spot without a lagoon where you can see whales on a lucky day 50 yards away from the water edge.

The Kerebels hand make their jewellry (and also paintings) . They have their own style that stands out in the crowd you see the day of departure at Tahiti faaa Airport with the single dangling pearls .

For Moorea in the Village of Maharepa next to the Banque de Tahiti, check EVA Pearls or in the petit village, the Tahia Collins shop.

Once again each one offer a different style, prices, etc,,,,,

Enjoy FP and good luck hunting for that special pearl

Meherio

I did a lot of pearl research -- and ended up buying on the ship. Best styling, best service and prices as good as anywhere. With dollar so weak, pearls are not cheap anywhere -- if they are, you're being taken.

Also, check out the Vaima shopping center in Papeete. You can see the neon sign from the ship -- a couple of good places there. Ask for the 10% off coupon and be sure to get the VAT refund form.

Ia orana

I am Always careful about purchasing loose pearls and who is going to work with it back home (especially for their level of expertise to work with pearls).

If you read the initial response, I still stand by: 1000 questions and 1000 right answers.

The most important is to find THAT special color, shape, grade etc, mounting and price combination that will talk to your heart.

Meherio

So we don't argue (hah!), I agree with you on loose pearls on the Bruno farm. Her loose pearls were lovely, as were her two boxer dogs. And I thought her prices were good on loose pearls. And if I'd had a trusted and reasonable jeweler at home, I would not have hesitated. But I wanted set pearls. Her prices for pearls set in gold were high, I thought. She even admitted that. But I could not BELIEVE how many she had, and the color range. I was drooling.

Ia orana

I stood in line behind a passenger with a large briefcase on a recent return flight from Papeete. he had to open it for the customs officer. There were a dozen ziplock bags of pearls. The reaction of most of the ladies around was priceless. The single dangling pearl /s looked small all of the sudden.

Ps the name, address, telephone number and marital status (or lack there of) has been removed from this post for the future safety of the said gentleman!

meherio

Ia orana

Glad to read you are pear-debt-free. Ready to get some more.

Keep in mind that even with declaring at LAx that you are travelling with pearls, the return trip might have more questions than you want going through customs.

Hope to see you back in FP soon

meherio

Ps the name, address, telephone number and marital status (or lack there of) has been removed from this post for the future safety of the said gentleman!

meherio

Oh my goodness, very, very funny.:D:D

Archived