Question for Tom & Cheryl about 4228/4230

gail811

On the Miracle. I have 7296 booked now, but looking at moving down and having our friends in the connecting cabin. With the larger overhang on that deck, do you get any sun at all? We enjoy spending time in the sun on our balcony vs. going up on deck and it looks fully covered. Did someone you know have the connecting cabin? Is it comfortable for two and does the door connect to the living area of 4228? I have a link to pictures you posted a while ago and LOVE that you have the layout of the cabin on there as well. Thanks for any advice you may have to offer concerning these cabins!

I'm not Tom or Cheryl, but maybe I can help a little. We were in 4228 in January. The balcony does have a nice overhang, but you definitely get some sun. It all depends on which way you're headed. It was the best of both worlds, as I can't take alot of sun.

The only time we heard the people in the connecting cabin was when we were watching the NFL playoffs, and we were cheering for different teams. It got kinda funny after a while! The connecting door is right beside the couch in the living area, in the very corner.

We've been in 7298 which is the aft wrap on that deck, on that side. There is definitely more overhang to 4228. Hope this helps!

That does help! We actually have friends that might want to take the cabin next to us, so we thought the connecting door through the LR would be nice. Do you have pictures posted of 4228? Thanks for the response on the sun too!

Is 4228 on Miracle the same as 4228 on the Spirit? If so, I would also like to see pictures. Where can I see T n C's original pictures?

Gail, I see you were on the Spirit to AK. I am researching this now for 9/09. Any thoughts/tips/info you can give me? We have been on the Spirit 3x, but have never been to AK and I am shaking in my boots! It's so much harder to plan than a Caribbean cruise! :eek:

Is 4228 on Miracle the same as 4228 on the Spirit? If so, I would also like to see pictures. Where can I see T n C's original pictures?

Gail, I see you were on the Spirit to AK. I am researching this now for 9/09. Any thoughts/tips/info you can give me? We have been on the Spirit 3x, but have never been to AK and I am shaking in my boots! It's so much harder to plan than a Caribbean cruise! :eek:

Here is a link to their pictures:

My first tip for Alaska would be to decide what ship/sailing date, pick your cabin and book early. From there, I started researching airfares. I was flying from Washington DC and my mom from Orlando. As soon as there was a price drop I booked our flights. Then I started reading the Alaska boards. We were going a week early and I planned our week starting in Anchorage, renting a car, driving to Denali then Seward........I knew it would most likely be the only time my mom would go and wanted to do as much as possible in that week. We splurged on an aft wrap and have no regrets. I spent hours every day on that balcony, even in the drizzle!

Cabin pictures: http://travel.webshots.com/album/553196139hdswSN

Some of my pictures from Skagway: http://travel.webshots.com/album/553823504LSljeX

There are several VERY knowledgeable people on the Alaska boards that offer great advice. I opened up a word document and cut and pasted opinions on every port, then deleted them as I narrowed our options. I would suggest getting a Milepost if you plan any time in Alaska before or after your cruise. It was a great help in planning for me.

Hope some of this helps! Have fun planning!

Gail, sent you a long reply, but it is lost in cyberspace (or cyberSEA!!) somewhere. :confused: :mad: Thanks for the pictures. They are all beautiful. I think NOW I am thinking of a B2B on Spirit. 8/26/09 Southbound, then stay on the ship in Vancouver and do the 9/2 RT. They are different itins and I really want to go to Glacier Bay, (RT) but this way I get to see different areas. Aren't those balconies FANTASTIC!!! We have been in 8268 on the Spirit 3x! It is "our cabin"-like going home again. We were the other side from you. Loved running up to Lido in the morning and getting a cuppa and bringing it down to our balcony and watching the sunrise. Don't think we will have any time for land vacation, but it's all about the cruising for us. We booked the "same cabin" on Miracle for 9/08 of 8268 Spirit, but it was taken, so we are on the lower deck which is why I asked you for the pictures. But we are going on Miracle in 2/09 also and THAT one we got "the same cabin" as Spirit. So I am psyched. Now I have to tell my office about all my plans!! :eek: :eek: Okay, you got me....what is a milepost???

Archived